Y&R November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

That would be a juicy story. Have Noah go back to being a photographer, and have Victor once again acquire Chelsea 2.0. as a subsidiary. Make Noah work closely with Chelsea before the 2 land into bed together. Then gradually have everyone learn the truth with explosive results. 

I know many have suggested Noah should've had this story with someone like Grace, but it would work with Chelsea too. God knows Noah needs better material, and Nick/Chelsea needs to be broken apart. 

Just b/c people on this forum don't accept the crud on TV like you do doesn't make any of us miserable. These folks get paid 7 figures a year. Ain't no damn way they should've be generating the bulls--t they are putting out there. No excuse. 

That "day" the show will live up to expectations won't occur until they get a damn cancellation notice. That's when these shows want to get their acts together start generating their best work in the longest time--when it is too late. 

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was satisfied with the previous head writer.  It may have seemed slow to some, but to me it was like the Y&R of old.   I'm finding this writing too fast for my liking, however, I won't start complaining this soon,  I'll give it some time before I become negative.  I didn't watch Y&R for five years because of some actors or characters.  I don't want to have to do that again.

• Members

Can I ask about Chelsea/Billy and their son?

Chelsea gave up custody to Billy/Victoria. Has this ever been touched upon? eg when B/V broke up was Chelsea concerned about her son? Or has this been ignored?

If so would posters be interested in Chelsea wanting to get to know Johnny and possibly getting involved with Billy again?

All of this happened with Billy Miller and I think JT is a different Billy so the relationship with Chelsea would play differently also.

I know a lot of posters dislike Chelsea, but if she is going to stick around is this an angle worth exploring?

• Members

They have shared screen time. For Sharon to dog out Hilary and call her name's like everyone else in town. 

The way I saw it was Sharon and Hilary were only friends cause at that time the show was trying to plug and play Hilary as Drucilla. I thought the friendship made little sense and didn't like it. 

Chelsea and Billy have already played out in 2014/2015. And even then, Chelsea being Johnny's bio mother wasn't a big theme. 

Since Chelsea gave her son up cause she couldn't provide stability for him, wouldn't it make sense for her to be concerned and have regrets since Vikki and Billy are divorced? I have no desire to see Billy with his rapist but the fight for Johnny should have occurred some time ago. 

• Members

Just a couple of observations from today:

Doesn't Christine have her own office, ever?

Are Nick, Billy, Phyllis, and Chelsea supposed to be coming off as the four musketeers? Interesting bedfellows there...

But, I will say, I did enjoy Nikki and Jack's scene.."We've had enough ugly goodbyes in our life." It was poignant and a nice nod to some history.

• Members

I wouldn't. Victoria is the only mother the kid knows. It would be unconscionable for Chelsea to interfere with that now.  If it was going to happen at all it should have been when Chelsea and Nick were dating. The way they handled it back then (by basically ignoring the relationship) was nothing short of odd.

• Members

Thank you!  I was saying this from jump but then decided to be quiet about it when the posts chiding posters for critiquing the show started dropping.

I'm not sure if this is MY's intention but it's definitely giving the impression that the writing is hastening Dina's demise. She's been on the show less than a year. Why rush her toward frailty and senility when we just started to experience her being full of vitality?

• Members

I'm a huge critic of PB, but I'll admit he's been the best in years. On Monday (US), his scenes with Nikki, Billy, Phyllis Dina and Nick were all on the mark. 

While the story pacing could use help with beats, I do like the constant movement of the characters through different locations through the course of a day - example - Nick: coffeehouse, police station, Abbott house and GCAC. That movement creates energy and I like that you don't know where someone may end up because of where they're shown at beginning of an episode.  

Archived