Y&R November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And yet you are not one and the same. Uh...ok.

I was going to play catchup, but the spoilers simply make me just want to stick to recaps.  I cannot stand wasted potential.

Which is a shame given that there are plot points established under SSM that I was actually interested in still enough to see how they went and/or get destroyed. Sounding more like destroyed to me.

And I know I don't care anymore when the only reason I dropped in (besides from interesting comments from the regulars) was the Olivia Pope mention.

Alas...

• Members

Honestly I'm so glad the pace has picked up and it's a bit unpredictable with the characters moving through town like real people. Like Nikki went from Victor, Hilary, Victoria, Jack. Four different sets and all very different relationships. Dina did something similar. 

Even though I hate kooky Dina, MA just kicks it. 

I like the revamped Neil. I never got why they separated EB/KSJ because they always had a good vibe. I wonder how KSJ's personal issues impact his availability. 

I still think Hilary/Cane should kick it. It's obvious MM/DG like working with each other. Plus I'd love Hilary in the Chancellor Mansion when Jill returns... 

• Members

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/icymi-mal-young-interview/

Digest: How would you describe Genoa City under your vision?

Young: I want to really bring Genoa City up as a character in our show. I’m blessed to inherit this phenomenal set of characters played by the best ensemble set in the business. I want to give those people a stronger backdrop, so Genoa City almost becomes an additional character within it, so it doesn’t feel too anonymous. This is a place I want to visit every day and be a part of and hang out with these people. That’s the feeling I want to go for, and just generally a feeling of “wow” moments. I’m very, very keen on how we open and close every show. I think that’s when people make the decision about whether they want to watch the next episode or not, or if they even want to stick with the episode they’re watching, so I think the opening is hugely important to me to say to the viewers, “Come on in.” You know that feeling you get when you’re watching your favorite show and you don’t want it to end? That’s the Genoa City I want.

It is extraordinary that an exec puts such intellectual thought into his visions. 

• Members

There, their, they're.  An angel investment firm?  I don't want to watch the show exactly because of this.  WHAT DO THEY DO?  LOL.  What did Mergeron do - they BOUGHT them.  And then someone gets bogged down in the fact that Neil is so beneath himself to go work for Victor?  Neither he nor Devon were DOING anything.  Why would you even NOTICE what Neil is doing for WORK or DEVON for work when neither has done anything for - now...like YEARS. 

• Members

HWG has offices at the GCAC.  They've only shown that set a handful of times, so that's probably why you haven't seen it.  From what I've gathered, it's a conglomerate (like Newman) but a big piece of it is Devon's music label.  He's signed Tessa and they've had a few "trips" to conferences and music festivals.

Wasn't Mergeron cosmetics?  I got the impression they were a Jabot competitor.

I haven't seen anything promising over the last couple of weeks that makes me want to tune in everyday.  It's pretty clear that MY isn't interested in character motivation, only shock value.  I enjoyed Melrose Place as much as the next guy, but I don't wanna see that in Genoa City.

• Members

You are absolutely right Oprah.gif.

EDT. Okay, there's one issue I can't help raising-- I thought that it was Jack and Neil's foundation that was the angel investment firm.

HWG sounds more like a global management consulting firm like a Bain & Co. that often acquires other firms and reshapes them, supposedly to boost productivity and profits.

With HWG the focus is on minority-run firms.

That's not a charitable trust (i.e. angel investment), that's business with an emphasis on minority-fielded businesses.

Archived