Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't see the point of holding off the Bella reveal 2 weeks after Chloe's departure. Chloe should've dropped Bella off at Billy's admitting what she had done, and then skipped town...or the secret should've been kept under wraps until years later when they were willing to bring Chloe back on the canvas. 

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Supposedly they were in the process of casting Chance when Pratt was writing, and they were the ones responsible for bringing Chloe back. I have a feeling the long term story was going to be Chance was the father. That would have made Bella a Chancellor. That makes more sense. Esther's granddaughter would have been a Chancellor, and she would've remained connected to Jill through a granddaughter, and Bella would be raised in the mansion.

I don't understand the changes, they're rather piecemeal. A few months ago they made a point to specifically rule Kevin out as the father. Now they suddenly reverse it  and wrap it up in 2 days. Why the rush? What happened? Why is Esther asking Kevin to move in? Jill hardly knows Kevin, and Billy hates him, they don't want to live with creepy Kevin.

They just had Nick, as the suddenly single father, raising a small child on his own storyline. Actually that's still his story isn't it? Now another one with Kevin?

• Members

Suddenly Jack is going after Victor again, Philly are reunited, Chloe reveal, etc...yeah there has obviously been some higher up meddling these last 4 or so weeks to get back to the stories that had ratings up. The bad pacing and continued pushing of fail pairings and bland newbies still has Sally and Mal's stamp all over though. Whoever said this reminds them of JFP/Jean & Shelly's reign is right on the money, just better characterization.

I'm a couple of episodes behind so excuse the late thoughts but I am enjoying the Philly reunion solely thanks to the chemistry of GT and JT. I also liked the Sharon Phyllis and Jack scenes at Crimson Lights and the Phack scenes at her apartment where they were planning revenge on Victor. Finally GT is getting something interesting to do after months of trash

This Ravi & Ashley New York material = a complete and utter snoozefest. They need to hang it up and get him with the younger cast

So far I'm not seeing it for Noah and Tessa at all. Character wise Tessa and her ugly haircut seem redundant with Mariah already on the show. They're clearly committed to turning Mariah into some forced heroine/victim and using Hillary to do it though, so whatever.

I like Juliet but the story set up with Cane is so boring and her character has 0 bite. I don't care if they actually screwed or if she's just lying or if Lilly even finds out.

The movie set was nice but kind of Guiding Light Peapack esque lighting wise.

I've generally liked Reed but that meltdown scene over the car was rough. This little triangle they have brewing with him is zzzzz but I do like the girl playing Kendall, she's got potential.

Scott is a dud for me. Like I said they're using him as an unnecessary Dylan fill in (the informant backstory makes sense but I still

Please register in order to view this content

) and testing him with every woman to see what sticks. Again, don't see him lasting too long because so far nothing is working

Zzzz at the Newmans turning on Victor. Do we know how long EB is gone for? I'm more interested in Abby vs Victoria than any of that bs.

• Members

I don't think most fans are couple shippers. 

Well, I wasn't saying that. But since he's gay I suppose it's accurate. 

I agree. Very noticeable shift in tone. I think ratings are to blame for her loss of power. And the Twitter TL, which seems to universally hate her. 

• Members

+1. Single Sharon has been really refreshing & it would be nice for her to have a platonic male friend to confide in (which she hasn't really had since Tony).

But soaps of this era don't do male/female friendships (unless they eventually end with the characters sleeping together) which is a shame because Sharon (and Nick) both need a LONG break from relationships.

Archived