Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since I quit watching again, did I read correctly that the latest, zany misunderstanding is that Billy believes that Nikki's MS has flared up - meaning he can't tell Victoria about Phyllis? If so, it's not only bad soap cliche, but it's truly offensive to those who actually live with the illness (I have a close family member with it).  Gosh, Chloe/Bella + Billy + Phyllis would've generated some real sparks - I'd love to have seen GT/EH sparring! GT/AH - that's not worthy of anything.

• Members

Honestly if streaming, which we don't get or delayed viewing, which we only see in season to date ratings comes anywhere near what's happened to networks and cable, soaps will be fine - especially streaming because it drives traffic to the networks' web site 250+ days a year. 

• Members

This is all so true!

I have to admit I deleted the last few episodes I had on the DVR ... meh

And not to do with DeeeDee's post but in the ratings talk, which I didn't see all of ... Y&R and B&B are in no way in any danger of going anytime soon. Not when each day Y&R and B&B can pull in 4-2 million viewers each. I know demo is important but they're in no way in jeopardy IMHO. I don't even think DAYS and GH are in that much jeopardy anymore either. It could happen tomorrow or years from now, that's just how it is.

Archived