Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Really Khan? If you're gonna be disingenuous at least try to be original.

The fact that you & several others are so bothered by other posters addressing the racial and social disparities of the genre you yourselves acknowledge exist that you make passive aggressive posts like this one is hilarious.

Especially when you make wildly unsubstantiated assertions these other posters supposedly said yet never did.

Like who? Mackenzie who is content doing charity work and being a mother & step-mother? Brock who has only cared about doing missionary work since his come to jesus moment decades ago? Phillip who hated his life so much HE RAN AWAY TO ANOTHER CONTINENT to get away from his family (including his wife & son)? Chance who prefers the military & working on super secret spy missions for the US govt? Or Jill who spent her life hating everything associated with Katherine & ignoring CI for the majority of her adult life?

Those people?

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, Ms. Rowell, if you actually gave a damn about racial inequalities within the film and television industries and weren't just paying lip service to the issue in order to get more ink about you in the magazines, you would've thought twice before appearing on two of the "whitest" TV series I, for one, have ever seen.

Anyone with even half a mind could see how AA characters and actors had historically been given short shrift on Y&R; and yet, there you were, with your nappy hair and your "I ain't got no time for no readin'!" jive, collecting the paychecks along with the rest of Bill Bell's token n*ggas.

So, with all due respect, Vicky dear: go sit on a tack.

• Members

You know, it's funny, people (and not just yours truly) have accused "DeeeeeDee" and Victoria Rowell of being one and the same without so much as a peep from the dear as to whether they're correct in their assumptions.  Yet, the minute someone calls her Victoria AND points out how much of a hypocrite she's been in regards to her attitudes toward racism, she FINALLY addresses (as far as I can tell) those pesky "faux VR accusations."

IJS.

At least Bradley's still employed.  Unless, of course, the folks at SVU threw you another bone.

• Members

Nah, it won't.  And if it is, it won't be on account of DeeeeDee, Jonnysbro, or any of the other industry insiders who masquerade as SON post-ers and who are allowed to be as obnoxious as they wanna to the rest of us without so much as a stern warning from the admins.

I could say the same about your damn pigtails.  I mean, really, what grown-ass woman in her fifties wanders around Harlem looking like Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz"?  (Yeah, I saw you on the bus at CCNY, asking where to find the Caribbean restaurant.)

Now, that's unfortunate, because I actually respect your opinions on this board.  And that is no sarcasm.

Archived