Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Question--I thought Jabot was only a cosmetic empire? Why are they investing in building labs or whatever Jack is planning on doing? 

Also, they can't put up small set to represent a photo studio? I thought it was so freaking weird seeing Lily and that new chick pulling out clothes in a lab filled with chemicals. That's not even safe if we're being realistic. 

Can they just scrap this Beauty of Nature bulls--t, and have Victor reacquire this subsidiary, so Ashley can get back her lab? Like seriously. 

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whatever. Regardless, Victor needs to take it back, and Victoria needs to take her ass back to Newman where the real story is: Victoria v. Abby. 

There needs to be infighting at Jabot too, which is where Billy needs to be. Billy & Ashley ought to join forces to overthrow Jack with Jill getting involved too. 

And Cane/Lily can either pick one of the two companies OR go join Devon with his new company, which I feel should be Chancellor Enterprises. Why not just allow Devon to gain his birthright? I think it is pointless in them having him build a new conglomerate when he can just take over Katherine's and appoint Neil to run it alongside him.

• Members

That's why I feel like they should've just given Chancellor to Devon. The audience is use to Chancellor, Jabot, and Newman. All these other companies are too much. When Tucker was on the show, I didn't give a f-ck about McCall Unlimited b/c I felt he should've just came in and simply snatched Chancellor from Kay. 

All these damn companies with no corporate intrigue at all. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Jill owns Chancellor Industries. Why would Devon want it he's not a Chancellor? The love Jill's life was Phillip Chancellor, and we just found out Katherine knew Phillip truly loved Jill from the beginning. Jill had the Chancellor heirs. She has the emotional connection to it and the only who has truly cared about it.

Devon barely knew Katherine. Yes he's her grandson by blood, but even when Kay was alive it's not like Kay & Devon were spending time together bonding. Chancellor Industries doesn't mean anything to him. Kay gave him the money to buy anything he wants. If blood is so important to who owns a company then shouldn't Devon be preparing to take over his bio-dads company McCall Unlimited? That would be more of his legacy than another man's company, is what Chancellor is 

• Members

He's Katherine's grandchild, and the company became more of hers than it was the actual Chancellors. You don't see Phillip or Chance eager to obtain, so Devon should run it.

Giving it to Jill is moot b/c this show doesn't know what they wanna do with Jill. Jill can have a high position in the company, like COO, but Devon should be the CEO and it can be used to provide plenty of story for the Winters. 

• Members

This isn't about race. You want it to be because it makes you automatically right, but you are not. Pick any white character as Kay's blood grandson and I'd be saying the exact same thing. The only difference is that no one would be defending the new white grandson. Nobody was defending Tucker regarding Chancellor and he was her son..

• Members

No cares if it was Phillip's company or that Kay murdered him. When most Y&R fans think of Chancellor Industries, it is synonymous with Katherine, and she made it the success it became. 

Again, Chance nor Phillip wanted the company. Phillip wanted to hide in Australia and run a damn bar, and Chance wanted to serve in the military. 

Devon should run the damn company with Neil and Jill overseeing things, and Jill secretly wanting to regain power. Jill having it brings no conflict to the canvas at all at the moment. 

B/c all the Black characters on this show are just window dressing like we tend to be on most soaps. Sucks b/c I feel like Devon and Hilary is where the money is at. This show should to centering it around them. 

^

This!

Archived