Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know, right? It was straight out of the 80s/90s - plain wrong-side-of-tracks girl turned into princess - complete with several ridiculous outfits and Sunglasses!!! Gina T deserves far better than this. And to think how Sally's crew made such a big deal of the "blondes have more fun" Phyllis.

The irony, of course, is that the only cleaned-up look Ravi can pull off - is basically the tux-light. No clue why they are pushing this story. Sally: "What I’m creating for her is an unexpected soulmate story—a story with someone who is not going to be the love of her life, but that someone is going to leave her open to one day having the love of her life." This statement was illogical then and it's even worse now that we've seen it - there is no way the interaction between Ravi/Ashley qualifies as soulmate. BTW - Since when does your soulmate leads you to your true love? Huh?

• Members

Those Nick and Chloe scenes should have been intense and had me on the edge of my seat. Instead it was as if he was trying to get her to confess to eating the last bowl of Special K and not throwing the box away even though it was empty. The writing isn't very exciting but Mal doesn't seem to know how to play certain dramatic beats the right way, unless its absolute the climax of the story or something that can be done on location.

The only things I find interesting about this whole reveal is how they've got Sharon and Nick working together and EH and MCE's chemistry, otherwise yawn

Gloria must die. Period.

And Ravi getting his Beauty and The Geek makeover like its 1982 

Please register in order to view this content

Poor Eileen and Gina T (who needs to go back to red because I'm getting bad, Kelly Crammer we don't know what to do with her on the show she's just here flashbacks)

• Members

The past two weeks have proven to me that given any sort of material, Chloe is a viable character. EH definitely makes scenes worth watching. Gosh, you know pairing are wrong when the two women generate far more interest and energy than when the women are with their men. Not going the Billy/Bella route has been another missed opportunity by this team.

• Members

It's sad that that is a 6 month story projection.

This whole show is actually quite sad. It's all very assembly line in execution. B&B is absolute trash but it's well produced trash. This show looks like it was slapped together by interns.

• Members

I'm still PO-ed that the Fenmores story flopped so badly!

Yesterday, I read articles about Payless Shoes filing Chapter 11 due to their inability to compete with online vendors like Amazon.

Today, I'm reading about how Ralph Lauren has decided to close his very high visibility Polo store on 5th Avenue in NYC.

Payless + Ralph Lauren $$$ struggles in terms of compelling stories >>>>>>>> Y&R's Fenmore story.

• Members

God, I hope not.

Translation: "Look, I have NO clue what I'm going to do with Ashley, a'ight?  I'm just gonna wing it and hope for the best!"

There are so many people who need to fall victim to the Genoa City Slasher, it's not even a joke.

Exactly.  (Seriously, where IS the GC Slasher?)

Given her track record, I'm inclined to think she hasn't.

Was it really a story?  Because I saw it more as a glorified anecdote.

• Members

It's funny how Y&R could've been completely topical with an umbrella storyline with Fenmore's troubles. During the first few months, look at how many chains have had to close stores, file bankruptcy, including Ralph Lauren and Payless Shoes, just yesterday. Instead, it was a short-arc who goal was to make The Worm relevant to the audience and create one of the most illogical pairings ever

• Members

I just wish there had been some way to tie Fenmore's financial troubles into Scotty's return.  Like, instead of Jill having the heart attack, maybe Lauren could have fallen ill due to the stress of keeping the business financially solvent.  That way, Scotty could have returned to GC once he heard about Lauren's heart attack.  Then, maybe, they could have repositioned him either to assume leadership at Fenmore's (and explore whatever conflicts come from having someone with a non-sales background assume the reins) or even have him follow in his dad's footsteps and enroll in medical school because he was so affected by his mother's health crisis.

Archived