Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, it wasn't the worst episode. Chelsea finding Adam's ring and realizing the truth was good. I even enjoyed Phyllis standing up for Ravi, even though it seems out of character.  Really GT is playing a new character in so many ways, I'm willing to embrace that I guess.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It really is.

I know I probably built Sally up a tad more than I should have in my head, and while I worry who else could take the reigns, she's falling flat overall. I want to know if there's interference, and she's told who to write for, or what, because it's kind of a mess. I really expected more from her, I did. I guess I shouldn't have. Where's Kay Alden in all of this?

• Members

The ironic thing for me is that when she was announced I wasn't happy and posted many times how skeptical I was based on her previous work. She's not a bad writer, but the same problem with other shows is happening here: She gets the characters 100%, dialogue is good and moments are good, but her stories always lack momentum. I'm actually enjoying her work a lot more than I expected, but I do agree that the pacing needs to be improved. I like many of her story ideas, but I just don't see the momentum in many of them. Like right now we have this huge Chloe/Kevin story after they didn't appear at all for two months. Instead of this extreme amount of screentime now, why not build this over the past few months? That's her pattern. She DOES use a good portion of the cast, but she'll have one main story on the frontburner for a few weeks then she swaps. I just wish it was more balanced out. It feels like short mini-stories by doing it this way.

• Members

Sally has some good ideas but she doesn't know how translate it to actual story. She should have been a consultant to the show instead of the head writer.

Lauren losing her company would have been excellent had it been written by a competent HW.

• Members

How long have Nick and Chelsea been a supposed couple? Sally is sure milking this awful pairing. Nick being really upset about Chloe getting away with Adam's murder is absurd. Who is going to believe that crap? They barely got together and he is already worried about breaking up....LOL. The real Nick would be so Chloe>Adam and he deserved it. No one is buying the bullshit!  Kevin is dumb as dirt.      Scotty

Please register in order to view this content

Phyliss and Tech Guy talking about Ashley....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Members

Exactly. So Nick has forgotten everything that Adam did? He'd totally be on Team Chloe. And with Nick playing his hand, wouldn't Chloe hightail it to Victor? Chloe could shut Nick down through Victor aka Christian and Victor bringing her to town. 

• Members

I have to 

Please register in order to view this content

at this Chloe reveal being wrapped up in three weeks just like everyone said it would be

EH and MCE delivered with the confrontation scene but as a whole this has been an unsatisfying bust, just like most of Sally's tenure. I didn't care about any of the other wedding material.

I see they're laying the groundwork for a Phyllis/Billy/Vicki triangle but its a no from me. Despite months of trying to sell otherwise, JT and AH have 0 chemistry (a problem with 80% of the couples currently on canvas). He and Gina T have it in bucket loads but Phyllis and Billy are not a viable long-term pair. They should have had him in the middle of the Chloe and Chelsea story instead of Nick but now its too late.

I'm about ready to call for both Sally AND Mall Young's heads honestly. 

• Members

I couldn't imagine how that story would even look with Billy having not been close to either lady in years. 

But yes, we are obviously headed to a Villy/Philly triangle. I think It is a last ditch effort to sell Villy to the audience. I can't wait to see how low Phyllis will sink to facilitate it. 

Archived