Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Was she? For years? In my 26 years of viewing, never saw that. I thought she was beautiful, sexy, competent, upper class. But fun was never a description i'd use to describe her. I did enjoy her marriage to Brad despite my feeling like it was a betrayal to Tracy and despite it starting as a marriage of convenience for her baby's benefit (or so that's how I remember it). 

• Members

I can't believe anyone, Jack, Victoria, etc. is actually even slightly convinced Nikki's changing her minds about Victor. The woman literally turns on him at least once a year. She's like a mental patient who has brief moments when the clouds part and she can see reality. It always ends up with her back with him.

• Members

She was fun but not in a free spirited Dru or an insane Phyllis sort of way. Eileen's fun was cool and sexy but youthful especially compared to her siblings mustache twirling Jack and super neurotic Traci.

The marriage wasn't really one of convenience (Ashley already had an alibi for Abby's paternity worked out) but two old friends falling back in love with each other. And the marriage itself wasn't a betrayal to Traci. In fact (if anything) it was the other way around. Traci's reappearance (with Colleen) was a huge blow to Ashley & her new marriage. That was a story I loved because it provided so much fantastic character based material for ALL the members of the Abbott family.

Ash's marriage to Brad was a perfect example (when Y&R didn't have her pining over Victor) of an intelligent, sexy, fun, age appropriate pairing that grew into an important core relationship that helped buoy the show when it was in transition. It was a pairing (for an actress who was notoriously difficult when it came to romantic pairings) that allowed Eileen (as an actress) to shine in a way she hadn't since the initial N/V/A triangle ended 15 years before. 

• Members

I don't see how Tracy showing up with Colleen was a betrayal to her sister who just married her ex husband and father of her only child. Lol

Two old friends falling back in love? Had they been in love prior? We're they great friends prior? I don't remember. 

• Members

Traci was well over Brad by the time Ashley married him. It wasn't until she & Steve began having marital problems that her relationship with Brad became complicated again which was (in large part) due to their parenting Colleen than it was revisiting their past.

Traci & Colleen's arrival brought up intensely complicated feelings for Brad. Not only fond feelings for his past with Traci but fresh new parental urges for Colleen (largely due to his adopting Abby) who he had never felt truly comfortable stepping away from. So when a distressed Traci returned to Genoa City with a petulant Colleen in tow Brad bent over backwards to accommodate them which left new mom Ashley decidedly unhappy. 

Brad & Ashley had a complicated history. They had serious feelings for each other & that drove a LOT of the drama during Brad & Traci's second (arguably their first too) marriage. Ashley's dysfunctional marriage to Victor didn't help because Brad was almost always the person Ashley would confide in when Victor did something terrible (which happened frequently).

Brad was ready to marry Ashley but all the obstacles (Victor, Cassandra, Jack, Traci, John, Jill, Victoria, Steve, Nikki, Colleen & Paul) imploded in a fairly short amount of time which kept it from happening. So by the time the dust settled a frustrated Ashley moved on to someone new (Blade) & Brad fell back into a relationship with another old flame (Lauren) who found herself in a similar situation.

• Members

ED has been a challenge for pairing BUT she had good vibes with both SC and MEK and those was cut short. Moreover, now I know why I feel like I'm watching a rerun with Ravi - he's not just Natalie but also has the relationship awkwardness of Dr. Neville - same deal. I wish they'd get DG with her again. 

• Members

Natalie was not like Ravi. She was tic-filled and annoying and obnoxious. Dr. Neville's personality was quirky, but MEK never made a good physical match for Ashley. 

Is this Ravi/Ashley dance a forever thing? Probably not, but I'm willing to go with it.  They work well together and have chemistry. Regardless of ED's interview, she is not tanking her role. Maybe she's changed her mind and is fine with it now.

if all these older men on soaps can have younger girls, then Ashley can have herself a young one.

• Members

Since I don't live in a glass house :), I can truly say age only becomes a factor when it's noticeable - if the relationship clicks and chemistry is there, it doesn't become the central point. Lame is a good example - it's was imbalanced by age but OK at beginning until they turned Lily into a matron, that's when it started bugging me - I was indifferent on them anyway. I will credit Sally for trying to make Lily young again as a model, but major strikes on the upcoming recasting. 

On the other hand, JC/PB are only a year apart, but it's hard to believe the characters are only a year apart based on backstories aka Michael. On the other hand, it'd be a bit frightening if The Worm was actually 80 since CLB is 58.

• Members

THANK YOU!  I hadn't seen the show in a few weeks,

Huh? The family against Victor again..?  He'll fall out, a heart attack, get kidnapped or something like last time when they  put him quickerthanthis they were trying to get him out. 

Nikki looks like an idiot she talks up a good game then its "well I've loved him most of my life ... since I was a young girl..."

Archived