Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Please register in order to view this content

Great to see Traci again until I realized it was to pimp Ravi...ugh.....wasted her on that [!@#$%^&*].....

Yes Victoria blame Victor for your breakup with Billy....no dear it was your mom's stupid plan that caused the break up

Reed.....SHUT UP!!

Gawd...they need to end the Ashley and Ravi nonsense NOW!

• Members

I had to LMAO at Nick's line to Nikki about Victor.....

"He knows not to mess with me right now"....yeah right....Victor would crush you......LOL

BTW where the hell does Nick live? Does he have a home or is he homeless??

• Members

I like Ravi, and his scenes with Eileen, his friends, and BM. I don't get all the hate.  Abhi Sinha shows up and plays the part just fine.  Maybe it's the writing for him that people don't like.  Maybe it's the actor.  Most people were complaining before he was on the air/first week or so. 

Actors like AH that have phoned it in for more than 10 years are the ones that need to go.  Actors like DG whose story should have ended when he was killed off several years ago, should go.

• Members

I like Abhi Sinha also. I'm curious as to whether people don't like the actor or the presence of the character or the storyline?

Although, at times it seemed contrived, I do think 'Ravi' seemed more alive when he was around his friends, which makes me wonder what he'd be like if there were more scenes between Ravi and his peers, of which there are few in GC, TBH.

Just reminds me that even though we see characters share scenes every now and then, characters are often still in their own bubbles/cliques.

• Members

It's time for Ravi to branch out and have scenes with people other than Phyllis. He came alive with his NYC friends, why not have his buddy visit GC? Why not a sister/brother? If he's sticking around, he needs some friends. I nominate Devon or Scott. 

Enter scene...Noah is tending bar with Devon as his only current patron. Ravi walks up to the bar, Noah introduces them and soon all three are commiserating about the women in their pasts(Marisa, Hilary)and the women they are falling for (Tessa, Mariah, and Ashley). It doesn't amount to much, but new friendships are formed.  Later interaction at the coffeeshop, assorted other locations doesn't seem forced. Devon has two actual male friend on canvas to be in scenes with besides his father, and he doesn't just show up wherever Mariah (and Hilary) are.

Just some thoughts to expand on characters on canvas.

• Members

Been busy with a new position as a state investigator(more on that later...) but was just wondering what the overall feeling on current Y&R is under SSM. For me its a mixed bag and really does remind of the 2012-2014 era under first Griffin and then Altman/Passanante. It is ultimately more to the level of "mildly enjoyable banality"(and that is putting it nicely!) as far opposed to than "Damn, that's good TV!" 

I was glad the MCE and CH surprisingly saved the Chloe reveal from being a complete embarrassing debacle. 

• Members

They should definitely give Ravi some friends outside of the Jabot crew (Ashley/Phyllis). I wouldn't mind him becoming friends with Mariah, Devon, or Noah. I like the actor, and the character has potential as he's neither a Abbott or Newman. 

Archived