Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, that's a separate issue: Billionaire, young, smart, creative and an overall good guy and the only woman in his orbit is Hillary. As if it wouldn't have been realistic for Devon to turn to someone like Mariah, Abby, Chloe(!). More like, those women would offer him a shoulder or other things.... Instead we've got two grandmas (well, one almost granny) fighting over the creepy Ravi.

Again, I look at the canvas and then what I tuned into (or more likely read) and I'm perplexed by the focus. If you're going to feature "B" and "C" characters - why Colin, Gloria and Ravi? Why not Devon, Mariah, Chloe, Noah, etc.? The latter have far more appeal to the audience and, frankly, would have more natural storylines. Why would anyone want anything other the Jill booting Colin's butt off the canvas? Why would the audience buy Jorm? And, why would we want to see the unbelievably sexy ED/GT spending their time with Ravi aka the male Natalie, one of the worst Pratt characters? 

• Members

PB basically. I don't think Jack has been successfully skirt chasing since the 90s. Jack doesn't seem like a step up from Devon at all. At least with Devon and Hillary, it seems like there is something to be gotten out of it on both sides. 

Anytime someone floats the idea of Jack and Hillary, I only hear what it would do for Jack's character, I never hear what what Hillary gets out of it in terms of storyline.

Hillary's her own woman, she shouldn't be presented as just some 'dime piece' that is reviving another character's vitality. We've already been there with Neil and it wasn't pretty.

I wasn't fond of the Jack/Sharon pairing but the storyline(s) surrounding them at least gave some rationale to the circumstances.

Phyllis and Jack had a bonafide history and Stafford and Bergman did have chemistry, even though Stafford would spurn the pairing in the end.

I'm now interested in what specific storyline possibilities do people see for a Hillary/Jack pairing? I can't think of any but maybe someone can convince me otherwise. And I need specific examples.

Please register in order to view this content

Anytime I comment on characters/pairings, you guys all know I give storyline possibilities (sometimes, at length), so that's what I need to convince me that there would be life to this pairing. Be specific, please.

• Members

And are we forgetting that there needs to be a good storyline to go along with it? Jack and Hilary would not make for a good hookup. I see him as her father figure. Age or Bergman has nothing to do with it. It would be gross on that level alone. I also don't see any romantic chemistry. Bergman only really sparked with Stafford, too bad neither seemed to want to play that.

Name five things that would be remotely compelling or interesting besides just hooking them up because ... give me ideas, give me a storyline .... something because just hooking them up does nothing. I didn't realize you were stanning for them? LOL. Such a bizarre pairing! But I guess we're just desperate for any sort of action on the show ....

Lauren crying, Paul emotionless, Michael bored .... none of that was must-see-TV today. And I REALLY don't care about Victoria parenting Reed and how this is supposed to be karma. This is nothing compared to some kids. And the reactions to his punishments are, well, that's how a teen would react but I'm getting annoyed at how Nikki and Billy, etc. want to tell her how to discipline and raise her kid. MTS looked great today, really good, but she must have been bored to tears.

• Members

Why are people still thinking Devon is going to lose his money? The interview with Sally (four months ago) said he needed direction. He still has his money--let it go.

I like Ravi because he's basically a nice guy. He brings out the better sides of both Ashley and Phyllis, both of whom have been harsh and needed to lighten up a bit. I don't see him in a long term romance with either, but his scenes with both have helped their characters more likable.--BTW, the only thing he has in common with gawdawful Natalie is computers and a pair of glasses.  Give me a break, you're grabbing at straws.

• Members

Exactly. She hasn't taken his money yet, has she? LOL

All it was was that Sally felt the character needed drive and direction, which he lost when he was HANDED money. I don't fault her for that but some took exception .... it was never the issue it was made out to be. If it happens, so be it and we'll deal with it then, but there's been no indication of this? In fact it seems he throws money around even more now that Sally's in charge! He buys cars and buildings .... all without a thought or care in the world. I don't blame Sally for thinking he needed to go back to his music or find direction. He does. A lot of characters do. But she's spent more time on Hilary's POV than Devon's. JMO. Not that I'm complaining because she's far more compelling .... the writing for her has been much improved after Sally's initial month or two.

• Members

Well for me, what I originally suggested was for the show to do Jill/Hilary/Jack triangle with Jack being the modern day Phillip Chancellor. Jill and Jack would've been paired together and married again. Jill would've went back to Jabot alongside Jack with Hilary being his flirty assistant. It would've unnerved Jill overtime, thus leading to Jill doing chaotic stuff (i.e. sleeping w/ the boys in the mailroom, etc.). Jack would grow tired of Jill and stray with Hilary. Once Jill and Jack got a divorce and Jill caught word Jack was gonna wed Hilary, she'd pop a bullet in his ass and eventually get off pleading momentary insanity. At this point, Jack would marry Hilary on his deathbed, as Jack is worthless IMO. It'd later be revealed that Jack's marriage with Jill hadn't been filed yet, which would result in Jill and Hilary fight over his estate with Tracy and Ashley being mixed up in it too. 

This would all before Hilary would try and get in Devon's orbit again. 

• Members

I guess the problem for me truly is PB because other than getting shot, I have difficulty imagining nowaday's Jack being able to pull most of this off .  If Jack got a complete overall and possibly recasted, perhaps I could see this but Jack in his present state is far removed from his days as a dynamo and lothario.

I can't pin my hopes on anyone who can be so easily whipped by the likes of Gloria to show enough dynamism to draw both Jill and Hillary.

• Members

I'm not here for a Jack and Hillary hookup.  Hillary sees Jack as a mentor and surrogate father, IMO; and even if it is a little bit racist, that's good enough for me.

If anything, Sally and her team need to put Hillary in a triangle with Cane and Lily, with Hill telling Lil that Cane is tired of sleeping with an Oreo every night.

• Members

So Victor's mulling over writing his memoirs?  I wonder what secret is about to drop there?  And will he hire Traci or Nina to help him write the book?  Or maybe even Cole?  THAT might be a good bomb to set off in Billy and Victoria's relationship.

• Members

Why? When JFP tried to put just Billy in that house it didn't work. It's really an older person's home, painting it isn't going to make it better. Billy living there with Jill makes more sense than just Billy. Yes you could do a complete remodel, but then why not buy a brand new mansion if you don't want it to look like the Chancellor mansion?

I don't understand why you think Devon should live there. It's been 1/2 Jill's since the 90s. Surely you don't want Devon living there with Jill and Ester. Kay giving Jill her half was the only part of her will that made any sense. It's the place anyone associated with Katherine, or Jill, would stay if they returned, or visited GC. Nina, Mac, Chance, Phillip 3, Brock etc, are all close to Jill.

I'm happy that Kay, and now Jill, are the head of a household. Y&R would be completely male dominated without one matriarchal family. 

This association with Gloria isn't doing Jack any favors. I usually see him as charming, but he's looking pretty pathetic right now.

Archived