Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nikki was seen in sexy bathing suits (not a bikini, though) at least as late as 1998.

Yes! Alden wrote terrific material for Nina. She matured tremendously during her time, was re-positioned on the canvas in a way that made sense and was useful, overcame her insecurities, found professional success, and was about to embark on a huge story if it weren't for Cast's exit. God, how I wish she hadn't left!

In terms of Nina, especially from 1996 on, Alden's material for Nina (and a lot of others) WAS better than Bell's last years. That's not taking anything away from him, because he was a genius, and Alden is not on that level. But she came damn near close. 

I only recently realized Jess was up for an Emmy, in this instance, for Billy's near-death and could not believe she didn't win. For those few years, she was incomparable. 

At least we got to see Brad's (

Please register in order to view this content

) though lol

While Jill didn't see (Mac would be dead), I still remember getting goosebumps as the camera slowly panned to reveal Jill was standing behind Mac -- I nearly screamed. It was terrific drama. Jill was in her darkly bitchy best. 

• Members

No comments on today's show? Crickets chirping....LOL

Another boring episode.....vets on but zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Now Scotty is being held for ransom.

Please register in order to view this content

Sally stinks as HW. We know he won't be hurt or killed so why all this mess?

I guess the Fenmore story is over?

No stories continue.

• Members

Was that Doug or was it Steven Ford? I didn't think Paul was with Farren.

They did have an ass shot or partial with Paul when he was with Christine, and then some primetime nudity with Jack and Brad, but it never went anywhere. 

• Members

Definitely DD. I can't remember who he was with because I was busy picking up my jaw off the ground! I was also a kid so late 80s Y&R is a bit of a blur.

Oooooooo Primetime Nudity! Before 2001 that was actually a thing, but I feel like we regressed since then. Nowdays, soap love scenes seem rushed and perfunctory.

• Members

Ah. That makes sense.

Yeah Janet Jackson's evil nipple in 2004 pretty much killed all that off. These days we mostly get CW-style generic abs and grunty faces rather than actual steam. Either that or HBO trying to show us how hot and wild rape is. As for soaps - they're so far behind the times that material from the '60s had more heat. 

Archived