Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not sure how true this is, but I read on another site around fall 2009 that Y&R was going to recast Cole with Grant Aleksander. The storyline would have had Cole return to Genoa City as a lawyer instead of an author.

Fall 2009 was MAB, right? She had a thing with casting former All My Children actors and primetime sitcom actors if I'm not mistaken.

• Members

I loved the Nikki/Victoria/Reed scenes. It is so nice to see the Newmans as a real family and share real moments instead of talking about baby paternities, switches, murder, prison, blackmail etc.

The Jack/Gloria doesn't work for me at all. It makes him such a loser for no reason. The Gloria character reminds me of Santa Barbara's Gina in the show's worst eras. This would be much more interesting with Jill or Lauren.

TB is overacting all the time, I can't take her stories seriously. She seems so needy all the time, not someone who has been running a company for decades. The fact that she looks like a Real Housewife of Dallas doesn't make things better for me.

I am enjoying MTS a lot these days. She hasn't looked this vibrant and beautiful in years. 

Oh and I really love GT's version of Phyllis.

• Members

Jack has been written to be the loser for no reason for several years (and writing regimes) now, which is why I want him nowhere near Hillary.

Pairing the two might help enliven his character for a moment but would ultimately drag the Hillary character much further south.

Already, she barely survived her pairing with Neil.

I'm in no mood to see Hillary get the Sharon treatment, wandering on the edge of being reviled and into oblivion for years at a stretch.

Archived