Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If he was hooking up with a younger woman,  i'm sure that'd be viewed more favorably. 

The pairing does nothing for Hilary except make her look pathetic...and unrelatable to the female viewers the show wants to draw in. Those women are on social media fawning over Billy, Cane, Nick, Devon, even Noah. They ain't salivating over Jack. And I don't think they have any burning desire to see Hilary become Jill. They seem more interested in living vicariously through these women satisfy fantasies.

• Members

I get your point why he should but at the same time .... WHY? He has his own home. I don't live in my grandmother's house. She also wasn't living in a mansion or rich, either but still .... I've personally never once thought of him living in that house.

I hope there's SOMETHING there. Because that sounds boring AF to me. I don't care to watch Grambo dictate his memoirs. Who'd understand him?

• Members

Not necessarily.  Jack doesn't have to be EXACTLY like Victor.  He could have a more age-appropriate love interest (provided, of course, we're all okay with "Cliff Abbott in Love, Part the Sixtieth") but Gloria seems so...cut-rate.

• Members

Is Braeden not on much because they're, thankfully, resting the character or is it because he's on his little book tour so they don't use him? Believe me, I'm not complaining ...

Gloria doesn't work for a number of reasons but her history with John alone should nix any possible relationship between them. I don't see what either of them would ever see in one another. Jack's nothing but miserable anymore. He's a moody, pissy bitch most of the time. There's not much to like about him anymore. Which is a shame. I couldn't even imagine this guy involved with Sharon and he was before. Frankly I can't even picture him with Gina's Phyllis as the days go on ... he's almost spewing anti-chemistry. He seems bothered by anyone who even blinks at him, he's even crochety with Hilary. He wanted to dig all in her business but then reluctantly let her dig in to his.

I also don't know why they can't just have a nice pseudo father/daughter bond? Why are some of you calling for a hookup? Lawd .... Someone mentioned Olivia and I could see her with him, actually. I'm sure TLW hasn't been sitting by the phone for years waiting for it to call but why this woman isn't on my screen and a LEAD on this show is BS .... and how the character's son isn't anywhere near being on this show yet they bring on random dudes left and right, none of whom last, but they clearly can't pair Nate with Lily ... um, hello Hilary!

Soaps all but write themselves anymore so I don't understand why writers have such a hard time these days.

• Members

So? Katherine has other grandchildren too. People can leave their estate to their dog if they want.Some people have left their fortune to charity. I don't see how being just one of Katherine's many relationships entitles him to anything. He was lucky to get the bulk of the cash from the estate. Besides, the house has always been a point of contention between Jill & Kay, and Kay hasn't owned it outright for decades. It's not all hers to give to anyone.

That said, I wouldn't care if Devon (and Hillary) lived there. I'm sure Jill would be happy to have Devon. The place needs some more people. I don't think it would do much for their sex life but that wouldn't bother me. I'm waiting for a Chance and Nina return.

• Members

Good question.  I know I wouldn't want another former ABC soap actor.  I'm sick of seeing 'em pop up on Y&R; and really, not all who have come to Y&R from those shows have meshed well with the vets, IMO.

IDK, would David Conrad be willing to do a soap opera?

• Members

And Sally could get a lot of favor back with me if she brought on and actually wrote for Traci and Nina. She's making an effort finally bringing back Lauren's son Scott. Why is it so hard for a show that has YOUNG in the title to develop their younger characters? Pretty much none of the vets on-screen kids can lead a story. This includes the adults that have been there for decades. It's a shame.

• Members

Peter Bergman has had chemistry with one woman only -- and like I said, I'm sick of seeing former ABC people on Y&R. So, no, Taylor Miller, you can't give Sally Sussman or Mal Young a call.

No former P&G soap actors either.  They just don't fit on this show.  Sorry.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Most of the annoyance with the pairing I've seen is cause folks are confused about their ages since Jack is usually with a woman 15 years his junior. They think Gloria is too old for him. 😂

That was me with the Olivia and Jack pairing. That'd work for them both and the canvas cause it allows for Nate Jr to come on and be able to play beats to his story that lily/Devon never could cause they no longer have a mother. 

But I'm going to say no on Hilary and Nate Jr. Hilary would be bordering on Chelsea territory sans the overactive uterus. As someone said, burned through 10 years of story within 5 years. Do we really want to see Devon and Nate fight over Hilary...and woman after woman like Neil and Malcolm? Let's think about this? 

Archived