DAYS: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

Still on Tuesday's episode but I'm shocked at how tacky the Horton tree scenes were and they were directed by EP Albert Alaar. I mean, come one, Missy Reeves was bending the fake branches and talking about how fresh the tree was.  And I'm dreading the placement of the balls episode based on the clip.  Where's the holiday/heartfelt charm.  It's Hollywood: invest in a fabulous fake tree from Frontgate and have a persnickity gay designer come in and decorate it with the balls.  This could be the Horton's last Christmas at 1313 Mockingbird Lane, Salem USA.  And I swear every time they use the Horton living room there's another tacky goodwill purchased vase of fake flowers or crooked wall hanging. Come on now, Alice was a minimalist and midwestern spartan and classy.  Her donuts are rolling over in their deep friers 

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I knew last Friday's episode would be insufferable as soon as they started repeating JJ & Jennifer's scenes and playing long flashbacks in order to fill out time until the utterly predictable ending. Was that Andre's marvelous plan? To just shock Chad to death with his dead wife? lmao I don't know if she runs or if she reveals herself but, Lord, it's not looking good!

Also, I don't know if I missed/forgot anything, but Abi mentioned Dario to Jennifer and she has no reaction?? 

The Abe/Valerie/Julie stuff was great, though. 

• Members

It's too bad that the show wouldn't do its entire xmas ep with the Horton's tradition of hanging the xmas balls. Spread it out more with a flashback scene of the more major characters as their names are being put on the tree. Truly "remembering" them and helping some of the new fans (if there are any now) connect the characters and history better while those long-time fans get to enjoy the old scenes again. That barely two-minute clip doesn't do the history justice. 

On another note....damn, Brady and Deimos are fast travelers in a "bad snow storm". Get to Chloe and bring her back in ten minutes flat!

• Members

All I could think about during the Horton ornament hanging was how many Hortons are either dead or not on the show or not at the ceremony and I wish they were. But I enjoyed the hanging of the ornaments. It always gets to me. I loved Doug and Julie's speeches and it hit me a little bit anytime they cut to Tom and Alice's ornaments and it even got me a little when Maggie held Mickey's, I forgot for just a split second how much I've grown to not like her and that made me sad ... maybe I was just in a good mood today but I was fine with it all.

I would have liked Gabi's speech to Abby's statue if this entire storyline wasn't so forced. I think Gabi looks so trashy with the way she's treated JJ and jumping Chad's bones. I know JJ cheated on her but she was looking for any excuse to dump him for Chad. And did Chad say I Love You to her? Lawd talk about rushing everything. I also thought Chad seeing Abby was flat as hell. I didn't like it. I'm pretty sure it's real but who knows at this point?

Claire didn't bother me. I don't like the personality transplant she's had since Quan and Higley took over but it's obviously being done to make Ciara look better so I see through it. I don't really like Theo and Claire all gleefully evil plotting. He looked like he wanted to kill Valerie the other day in Horton Town Square. It's not becoming of him but I get Theo being overprotective and someone needs to uncover Valerie's son being David's, I suppose?

It was nice to see Shawn.

And Lani is shooting daggers at JJ. Obviously they slept together, maybe he doesn't remember it was her? LOL. IDK. But I already see where this is going.

I liked the little bit of Abe and Valerie we got. Vanessa Williams is doing fantastic making what she can out of what little they give Valerie. The longing as she remembered the Horton's tradition and the pan to David's ornament and Abe's reaction and her looking at Julie. I'm so here for all of it.

• Members

On Monday's episode. Chloe looked GOOD. Downright gorgeous. But LOL at that (c) DAYS crap of having a character scream out something shocking! to accommodate a cliffhanger: "What do you know??!!?!?!?!!" Nicole surprising Chloe IS the cliffhanger... if you care about the characters at all that is.

Victor! "You're not the only one who's had dark thoughts about [Chloe]"

Please register in order to view this content

But he looks so frail.  

Abi of course ran away and started crying but I do like the actress. I think she's doing really well with VERY difficult material and a production schedule that doesn't help at all.

That Chad/Gabi shιt nearly put me to sleep! Run away from that basic hoe and her boring hair, Chad!

• Members

LOL yep. Lucky bitch. But her treatment of JJ was so over the top IMO. It didn't look good on her. This whole thing was soooo rushed. I mean, I'm glad it wasn't dragged out even more, but it's still so rushed and contrived.

Wanted to add I like that Brady had some time with Chloe and Nicole but they treat Brady and Chloe like they are virtual strangers. It's so odd. Brady didn't seem to really care one way or the other about Chloe's condition (well, he sort of did but I personally would like it to be more). These two were supposedly loves of each other's lives at one point. I know, I watched them. I know Higley has her Bricole agenda firm but it just bugs me. I did love Nicole with her daughter Holly

Please register in order to view this content

adorable on every level but I don't like how she got it and who the father is, or how Deimos will be the hero (for now ...) in all of it. Thank God she's not named Danielle. I'd instantly quit the show. I swear. LOL

• Members

Does the Dimera mansion have no security? How is Abigail able to just sneak into there and have access to the baby without anyone noticing her?

Rolling my eyes at Chad and Gabi's declarations of love

When Nick's ball was hung on the tree, I loved the shady look that Julie gave. You know she was thinking about that bitch Gabi.

Doug's suit was too bright for me and he needs a haircut

Archived