DAYS: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL. I wasn't JPL's biggest fan as Philip but it's a shame they keep shitting on this character. Higley dumps the character every time as soon as she can.

As expected I liked the Lucas and Adrienne and Adrienne/Kate scenes. That was about it. I was glad for a break from attic Abby and thirsty Chad and Gabi. I rolled my eyes so hard at them the other day as they were trying to justify shoving them together in the writing. And considering we never saw Gabi and JJ's relationship on-screen until Quan came aboard it's hard to really care or understand where Gabi is coming from. It's all incredibly forced.

• Members

Im confused now bc Andre referred to Chad as his brother today ?!??

Nicole: "We are at the Lakeview Inn on Lakeview Road."

Deimos: "Is there an address"

She just told you were the F it was! Does he not know how to google?

Abby saying that Gaby doesnt love JJ bc she should have went to him instead of Chad....man f--k this ho. This is ALL your fault. Im sick of her

• Members

That's not true at all. She actually brought him back as the Kyle Brandt recast in 2003 (in that horrible game show story). She wrote heavily for JKJ's Philip from 2008-11, even when he tried to leave and the show renegotiated to keep him. His 2011 departure was the actor's doing. And it was Higley/Griffith who brought him back last year. I don't think writing JPL's Philip out was the right move -- he's actually kind of settling in for me, and he works with Chloe -- but this doesn't strike me as particularly agenda-driven.

Putting Koslow and Judi Evans in scenes together has been so smart. They were great during that short period when they were in each other's faces over the WilSon drama (remember Kate punching Adrienne?!), and this stuff is such a pleasant surprise. It's also nice to see Kate get some real sympathetic material, because they so often default to writing her as this deranged bitch. Koslow can play the campy villainy, but sometimes it's like, how could Kate be so stupid as to do the things she does?!

I am so tired of Abigail feeling sorry for herself. Will JJ or Jen please just blab that she's alive already? She's causing so much drama. 

• Members

The writing for Kate has been a big improvement. She feels human again. I like it. Unlike when she was poisoning apples or what-not. Koslow and Evans work well together. I really like Kate being there for her. I also loved when they were at each other's throats, too, lol. That was fun.

I guess that's true about Philip and Higley. I just blame her for everything LOL.

The Abby situation will resolve itself soon I believe, thankfully, but I think the trash writing will continue. I rolled my eyes today as she threatened Andre. You can be the strong and feisty Abby when it comes to blackmailing people to keep your dumb secret yet you have a panic attack at every turn? If they really cared about Abby's mental state they'd write it as such and give us scenes of Laura counseling her and her getting treatment, not using it as a plot device. The Chad/Abby/JJ/Gabi thing is just forced and contrived on every level and it really didn't have to be.

• Members

I liked her blackmailing Andre in theory, because it felt like she had a brain and a backbone, but tracking this story is nearly impossible. She's upset that Chad moved on, so she can't tell him she's alive, even though he literally would not even consider moving on if she'd just tell him she's alive? JJ tells her that she's ruining his life, so she's just like, "LOL gonna go live with Grandma now" like that's a plan? Gabi isn't good enough for JJ, according to Abigail, but she'd be fine as a stepmom to Thomas? I like the SHAPE of the story -- folding in JJ, Gabi, and Dario is interesting -- but it's like a bunch of Lego blocks that don't actually connect. And it's hard to feel sorry for Abigail when she could fix the damn thing herself just by revealing herself to Chad. It would work better if Andre were misleading her, actually.

Archived