DAYS: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

I can see how in an isolated bubble one can see Judi Evans scenes as good and I suppose they were. However the thing is they would have been much more impactful if we havent seen her be such a blithering mess for the past couple of weeks, crying and getting overly hysterical in every episode she's in. I would have cared more for her performance and Adrienne now but Im over it before its even started

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's how I feel too but I still think she's done a good job. She's clearly thrilled to be getting something to do. The whole wedding mess and hotel thing was ridiculous and really not necessary. I think her being hysterical over that, then the cancer, is just a bit of overkill.

• Members

they should have completely skipped the wedding and gone striaght into the cancer storyline. I think that would have been a better way to build up this triangle with her illness drawing Justin closer to her and getting him nostalgic over the past.

• Members

Yep, bingo. That would have worked better. And it also would have worked better had we actually, you know, seen the triangle on-screen before the wedding. The last year it had absolutely zero airtime. I mean, they've been circling this drain for years now ...

• Members

Jesus. A year later and Nicole is still crying about Daniel. That character was such a blight on her character. And why is a dead man still driving story? LET HIM GO HIGLEY! I want Nicole to have a child as much as anyone but I'm pretty disgusted it's with the Orange one.

And why are we still wasting time on Dario? If he had boobs he would have been fired the second the regime shifted.

I'm also ready for a break from Gabi. She went from never being on to being on all the damn time.

Very nice to see Doug and Julie visiting Hope.

This whole thing to get Hope off just rubs me the wrong way. Hope never should have killed Stefano. This was all just such a mistake. Characters not paying for their crimes and finding ridiculous ways to get them out of situations is one of the many reasons why soaps aren't taken seriously anymore.

And smug Rafe needs to go away.

I'm regretting watching today. Awful. I'd rather re-watch the Y&R episode I just watched. So much more of an enjoyable hour.

I'm also getting tired of cliffhangers not being picked up on. Not that it was a true cliffhanger, but no follow up to Kate and Adrienne? Really?

• Members

That's why I am not watching Days. Hopefully, Y&R will continue to improve and I can completely take Days off the viewing list. I still don't know why Sonny was brought back for. Days is a boring, dark, depressing mess of a soap.

Doug and Julie were the only highlight of today's show. I liked Chili introducing herself to Doug and Julie. Days is so cheap that the rec room is also the visiting room 

Please register in order to view this content

The Williams, Chilli and Hattie made Fancy Face more bearable. Nicole is still grieving Daniel   WTF! Crystal Meth Phillip shirtless,bound and gagged.

• Members

The Doug and Julie stuff, and them visiting Hope and meeting Chilli, was great. 

GMAFB with Abby escaping from the attic... so what does she do? Instead of hiding by the trees until she can go back in, this supposedly dead person WALKS THROUGH THE TOWN, and then of course she just HAPPENS to witness Dario and get caught! Lord Jesus. Plot driven mess.

I see we're in for S&M of Our Lives with Phillip. Zucker did a great job with her scenes, as always, and I did like the twist of Deimos having Phillip.

Hattie's reaction to the news about Roman was touching.

I liked the scenes of Rafe, Shawn and Chad confronting Dr. Klein. Those felt like classic soap to me. But everyone acting like Hope shouldn't be punished at all... Did Hope ever show remorse for killing Stefano at all?

• Members

The show is better than it has been in years despite the griping and quibbles.  The acting has improved across the board with the exception of Ciara and Joey.  The writers are providing lots of cross over for the characters and showing friendships, sibling relationships etc.  Gabby and Chad work, Abby is a great recast.  Lighting and costumes have drastically improved.  The Hattie addition is fun and shows the writers are trying to mix it up a bit.  This stuff feels like Ryan Quan inspired to me.  He's probably been dying to be the next Carlivati of Days.  I like what he's doing.  The scripts are crisp.  Conner, Cullitons, Kriezman - the dialog has been first rate.  There's humanity and likability in many of the characters for the first time in years.  

• Members

Hope should be staying jail. She showed no remorse for killing Stefano, for dumping his body, for framing Andre, then letting some other guy be in jail for however long paying for her crime. She showed no remorse for any of it or even wanted to go confess. 

She belongs in jail for what she's done. Just because Stefano was dying doesn't exonerate her. This is ridiculous thinking of Rafe and the others that this makes her innocent. It doesn't. 

• Members

Wow. I'm sorry, but I'm just not seeing this on my tv screen. 

"Improved" acting? For most of the cast, that was never the problem. Keeping Ciara and Joey means there are still terrible actors on the show. I don't think Abby the is a great recast. She's competent. Maybe I'll think she's better when the writing for her is at least decent. I don't see improved lighting. I think it's lousy lighting on lousy, cheap looking sets.

Ryan Quan's name is mentioned here a lot, but there's nothing that tells me he's influenced the writing to any extent. There's so much repetition it's absurd, and sobbing, wailing, needy women abound. 

DAYS is a mess.

• Members

Well, the breast cancer story is pure Higley and old world soap. And remember: this story was started under Higley/Griffith, and I would bet my las dollar that Higley crafted this Adrienne story a few years ago and it was largely scrapped last year when Griffith got control and pushed the grizzly serial killer story.  It's fun to see Judi chew the scenery. I'm sick of Nancy Lee Grahn getting all the cheese lately (of the four soaps). We need some Reva in the fountain stuff.  

Archived