Y&R: December 2015 Thread

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for clearing that up for me but it's still stupid. What Fortune 500 company rents out space to outside parties? Especially when they have tons of confidential projects that he could easily walk in on? 

Y&R ain't that damn pressed for money that they couldn't build another lab set (or use the same one but change the design) and have the MEK's character be at Chancellor. 

• Members

Jabot needs the money because they had to pay Victor half a billion due to Billy bringing back Paragon. The whole research company story is contrived but I like that set of characters being in a business story together as opposed to running around the Athletic Club for no reason.

Speaking of being pressed on money for sets though when was the last time we saw the Abbot mansion? I hope they haven't been downsized to that ugly cabin for good.

• Members

Actually, I'm glad they didn't build a new set - the lab is perfectly suited - plus it's a nice set. In addition, it allows for natural interaction with characters who are at Jabot. Actually, lots of major companies sublease space they don't currently use - for a variety of reasons - and protocols for security are easily established. (The ones who worked in subleased space have card keys that only allow access to that space and not the main offices - that's the beauty of electronic keys; the computers are on a different network, etc.) As Ashley mentioned, all Jabot R&D is on hold now, so the space is empty. Also with Ashley running the lab, any Jabot confidential information would easily be locked away by her. It's not like Ashley has lost her mind and would give Dr. N unrestricted access to Jabot info. Of all Jabot executives, Ashley is not stupid.

• Members

Victor on fire today - loved him turning the fire hose on Burning Bush.  Go Mariah - not backing on Dr. Shrunkenhead. I will admit that I do like the way Sandy manipulates, but doesn't always succeed. It makes for a far more interesting story than if she always pulled the strings and the characters acted like puppets. 

Archived