Y&R: December 2015 Thread

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SC is so lovely when they give her normal, character-based material. Honestly, I don't mind Shick when it's based on scenes like the past few days. 

Will they PLEASE let Phyllis and Billy just happen to break this Aunt Jack nonsense? 

I'm NOT a fan of Michael being on the opposite side of Victor - I always enjoyed Michael as Victor's attorney - this just seems wrong. Plus, didn't Victor hire Michael to save Adam's butt? It plays unnaturally. 

Yeah, if I were Abby I'd be seriously worried - ED looks amazing. Based on the end today and the preview tomorrow, I'm guessing MEK may be getting a lot of screen time. And, I actually don't mind. 

• Members

Victor's married to Julia, four times to Nikki, twice to Ashley, twice to Sharon, twice to Diane, Leanna, Sabrina. Hope, and Meggie, not to mention almost marriages to Lorie Brooks. 

Nikki's full name is Nikki Reed Foster Bancroft DiSalvo Newman Abbott Landers Newman Newman Chow Sharpe Abbott Newman, with close calls to Carlton and Williams. 

Jill's full name is Jill Foster Chancellor Thurston Brooks Abbott Sterling Abbott Atkinson Atkinson by comparison. 

• Members

Everybody's better on this soap when they have normal, character based material.  There's so little of that though it really stands out when it's presented. 

I feel sorry for CLB.  He really can be quite good when he has a meaty story line that makes sense.  He was good as Adam's attorney in the courtroom scenes.  Unfortunately he's one of the actors on the show like Stitch who's personality/mind changes with the wind.  Whatever happened with his prostate concer.  Last thing I remember he was stage 3 and refusing treatment. 

Victor biting off the head off Billy's  gingerbread man was amusing but a little OTT.  "Mmmmm, good".  Victor's in danger of becoming a caricature of himself.  Next thing you know he'll be serving up Billy's liver with fava beans and a nice Chianti. 

• Members

Victor is already a cartoon  character. He's nowhere near a real character anymore. The only times he seems like  he's got a semblance of depth is the rare times he has a heart-to-heart with Adam. If Victor was written off, it would be a breath of fresh air for the show. It would stop being the "EVeryone vs. Victor  with Victor always winning" show. 

• Members

It's like I said, Victor is a CANCER to this show, and it's just sad how no one in the writing room has the guts to take Victor down once and for all.....I would have no problem telling Braeden he better change his contract or else he's getting written out, cause I would so make it clear, I'm not taking any of the "Victor must always win crap"

and that BullS**t scene with Michael and the gingerbread....seriously?!?!.....enough with this "Last word" crap!!!! The way that whole thing was delivered makes more sense if it were coming from a gag reel, but this is just Braeden being a brat as usual....

• Members

Honestly, I don't mind Victor as always the winner - at least the writers haven't tried to change him. I guarantee if Victor suddenly turned soft and a loser, this board would go nuts with Pratt et al changing a hallmark of Y&R. Even though I've not been thrilled with a lot of things under Pratt, at least we continue to see heavy doses of vets - the newbie factor is fairly minimal. Would I love to see more Jill and Lauren, and less Burning Bush, of course! But, overall, when I tune in, I see familiar favorites - even with the recast of Phyllis, Adam and Billy. The focus on the newer actors - for the most part are wise: Hilary (who needs to hook up with Cane ASAP), Luca, Marissa and, even Dr. Neville (TEK looks reborn and I'm intrigued by what I called would happen with Ashley). The show has mostly craptastic stories, but it's far easier to take when I see familiar faces. 

• Members

Nikki propping Sag made me nauseous today. They've had what? 5-10 scenes together and Nikki's acting like she hung the moon..<SMDH>

I guess Joe will go directly to jail, Do Not Pass Go...Do Not Collect $200.00.... They really screwed the pooch with the character that could have landed in any story since he wasn't related to anyone... I never cared for the character, but his lack of relatives made him a clean slate.

So, I'm assuming

MEK as Dr. Franken-Hayward is growing on me.

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised if they said Luca was really John III, who was kidnapped by Victor.....I mean they might think "hell Jack has an Asian son, why not a mexican son?"

I probably wouldn't mine honestly cause in some ways it was always like that with Victor, but they can least tone down on these mustache twirling antics of his which are starting to get old....I mean I get we will never get Bill Bell/Kay Alden Victor again, but this is just getting silly.....

• Members

What I don't get is what fun is it as an actor to the play the role of character that never loses? Of a character that doesn't progress? That's effing stupid and boring. I can't believe that the Bells and SONY even entertained this. I would've laughed in Braden's face and nicely shown him the door. If he wasn't content with what I wrote then I'd nicely kill Victor's ass off.

As you said, he is a cancer to this show. I hate how these fools allow actors to have any say in writing in a genre that is dying. I didn't get it when Geary had say on GH and I don't get it with Braden on Y&R. I would've killed both characters with the stroke of my pen with the swiftness. 

Archived