Y&R: December 2015 Thread

• Members

I think it's because Braeden doesn't want to play a "poor character" cause he grew up that way, so I guess to him having Victor lose makes him fear having to play someone who's poor....which is B.S as there are plenty of ways to make Victor lose and make him still be rich(though the idea of Victor losing his money makes me smile).....trust me, no one in soaps ever stays poor for long, so I don't get what his problem is if that's the case....he will start again from scratch and rise back to the top as most soap characters do....

At least someone once told Tony Geary that he can LEAVE if he doesn't like what's being done to Luke......I don't understand why no one at Y&R has never had that same attitude.....are they afraid Braeden will attack them and risk getting himself arrested? If his biggest challenge with them all is him threatening to leave, then maybe that's what he should do...he should have stayed gone when he tried leaving the first time in 2009....

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who cares (re: Braeden history)? It's a character and he shouldn't take it personal. It's not like Victor would become dirt poor. He's wealthy. He'd still live comfortable but have financial issues, thus forcing him to liquidate assets until rising like a phoenix. It would be actually endearing. 

Again, actors like Braeden have sucked the life source out of this genre. I'd NEVER allow an actor to dictate my writing. I'd kill or recast the character before it got to that point. 

• Members

I think Braeden has gotten more power over the years.  Bill Bell and co.  probably did not take a lot of crap from him and therefore Victor was written more like a real human being.  Then as the writing degenerated vets like Braeden become perceived as indispensable because they are links to the good old days.  Also,  no other character has been developed to replace him and the writing is such that there are no compelling story lines to distract from his disappearance if it happened.  He's got a job for life like JC did.   MTS probably does as well as PB, KSJ, SC, JM and to a lesser extent TB, CLB and GR.

• Members

I'm not crying over her lack of airtime but I think Hunter's a decent actress and Summer still has potential. She just suffers from some of the same pitfalls that ruined Lulu/Julie Marie Berman at GH.

• They declawed Summer way too fast. The bully story with Jamie & Fen and running over Chelsea showed she could work as a vindictive screw up character, which is what I'd expect Phyllis' daughter to be. As soon as Josh G left she was turned into a generic beige heroine.
  • Lame romances: I liked her with Fen, Jamie and Natalie Nunn chin Kyle but they let those burnout with no flare. Her pairing with Austin was rushed and forced down our throats and then when they finally had decent problems Pratt killed him, and she and this nuKyle were thrown together too fast and then sent to the back burner.

Hunter is smart to be building up a resume outside the show and working those CBS connections. Her contract should be up soon and if I were her I'd leave, she's still pretty & young and could make it.

• Members

I enjoyed her at first, but I really think she picked up some bad tics and a "DAGF" attitude toward her performance, walking through her scenes.  Of course, it's not like either of the last 2 sets of writers(?3?) could write any kind of quality material for any of the characters, especially UpChuck

• Members

None of the young actors should be investing all their time on a soap.  JH is the perfect example of how to use soaps as a safe haven, while building your career in primetime.  HK's younger sister Joey has a major role in Independance Day 2. So hopefully HK is trying to break into films as well as doing more prime time.  The character Marissa is great. Beautifu girl, good actress and putting her at NE and getting her away from boring Noah are excellent moves.  I also think Luca is great.  So maybe CP plans to use them to build a new cast of young characters, so far it's working.

• Members

Ashley's insta-desire to work with Neville The Mad Scientist makes no sense.  Especially now that Jabot needs her.  It's simply not something that the character would do at this time.  But why would UpChuck start writing sensible character behavior now? 

It was good to see LB/Kyle today.  I wish they'd write for him.  BUT...what's up with Kyle/Noah being all buddy-buddy?  They aren't friends, they're rivals.  

It was wonderful to get a break from clowny faced KSu today.  

• Members

If you watched Ashley's scenes with John this week, it's clear what is motivating her. I'm actually intrigued where this might lead. 

Today was odd with the lame excuse that Nick, who made such a huge deal over Summer's paternity, can't be bothered to make a cameo (even off-screen) at Summer's pre-party. That doesn't ring true with Nick on any level. 

Archived