Y&R: December 2015 Thread

• Members

Why was Abby's stalker/hater at her wedding?  I don't' know why Hilary was there either, but at least she never committed crimes against the bride!  Mariah stalked and terrorized Abby for weeks, (or was it months) because she was so in love/lust with Abby's former boyfriend Tyler.  After all that, Mariah still didn't get the object of her obsession. 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why? This makes no sense. I'm glad you're not writing YR.

if anyone should come out, it's Kevin, and not because the actor is gay, either. He just has no chemistry with any female. 

Sorry, Jonny, but you don't get to criticize YR for "just plain stupid" stories when GH is filled with wretched stories and writing -- and when the GH females are so ratchet.

• Members

Now that Luca/Marissa are getting better stories and interacting with more character, has anyone noticed how SP/MGV completely outshine RA? Maybe RA was having an off-week, but the other two continue to kick and, frankly, for 'newbies' I really enjoy watching their scenes.

I will continue to give Pratt credit that he kept the majority of the vets who matter and didn't populate the cast with a bunch of new faces. Adding in MEK, which I don't believe they planned on anything more than a short arc, has also worked well. I went through most of 2013-2014 rarely watching Y&R because it was boring and quite bad. Pratt did get me back and while a lot of the stories are just full of plotholes and illogical, keeping the vets front and center at least keeps my interest, and I also like that certain stuff (like little misunderstandings) are resolved within an episode (like when Sharon texted Avery from Dylan's phone or Victor's lawsuit - instead of dragging something like that out for weeks or longer, they quickly got to the natural endgame and the show moves on. Same with end of Marco and Joe, once they decided to kill those S/L, it happened within a week. It's not perfect, but for those who LONG for Bill Bell, I say "Brad in Cage," "Tracy's head in an Oven," and teens dancing to "Lady in Red," "Dru violated on cough medicine," and so many other really terrible stories that last for months on end. 

• Members

UpChuck uses vets, but not in a good way, and he doesn't use TEB if he can help it.  How many times does Victor need to Gnash his teeth and blame Jackabbott and Billyboy for everything that goes wrong? The retconned Sandra Allen story is lame, and gawdawful Sag continues to be on way too much. Nikki doesn't have anything to do but make apologies for the Dark Knight. Jack continues to be a drip, and now Ashley has Mystery illness.  Robert Adamson uses his eyes to do all his actung.  Noah hasn't been a good character since Kevin Schmidt was in the role. Luca and Marisa are engaging, and MEK has been a pleasant surprise with ED. Neil has become a horrible character.The Winters clan is still on, and their new story at least mixes them in, but as long as Cane is wrapped in Lily's life, she will continue to be blah.

They need someone not aiming for shock and awe to write the show...None of Pratt's "sweeping" stories have the legs to carry them...He needs someone to balance his style and/or fix his misfires...

• Members

What is there to like about Mariah? She is a rude, crude, ex con, stalker, hater. When she is not washing glasses and serving drinks, she is busy sticking her nose into other character's business.  Lately she reverted back to her con ways by talking her weirdo not boyfriend Kevin into fleecing a desperate Billy Abbott.  Please stop me when I get to something likeable about this character.  She claims to hate rich people, especially Abby and Summer, but is in there faces and lives all the time.  So I'll add hypocrite to my list. 

• Members

I  don't know GC. I  can't hate someone I don't know. Would it be better to have an unhealty love for a character for no reason? What has Mariah done that makes her deserving of so much adoration? I'm still waiting for an answer to that question.  Again those minis are so adorable! 

Archived