Y&R: December 2015 Thread

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I couldn't agree more that this GC adoration is all about Sharon.   The character washes glasses, tends bar, follows Kevin around and is rude to other characters.  That's all she does. This makes her a great actress?  lol!  If those other big talents had been  bringing in the ratings, they would be front and center, period the end.

• Members

Yeah right!  And the moon is made out of cream cheese.  Frumpy is rude, crude and desperate. Maybe she will stalk Kevin the way she stalked Tyler.  I saw a few post that suggested pairing her with Luca.  That would be the death of Luca, so NO!!

• Members

WTF?! You've got to be kidding me right. You think people like Camryn Grimes because she plays Sharon's daughter? As if that is supposed to even matter. CG is obviously better in the acting department than Melissa Ordway (And I actually don't mind Hunter King) but she is better than her as well. Stop acting like everyone thinks the way YOU do. Just because you despise a character/actress so much that you would also hate the characters daughter and spew hateful [!@#$%^&*] about the actress doesn't mean everyone else bases their adoration for an actress & character on that as well

• Members

If that's how it worked, people would love Dylan because he's Nikki's son. They'd love Heinle's Victoria because she's Victor and Nikki's bitch daughter. They'd love Abby because she's Ashley's. Nope, nope and nope. 

• Members

I presume Céline was referring to some here on this MB (I know I was) , I like CG and I can't stand SC LOL.  I find it LMAO material for some in this thread to call anyone out for having an unusual hate for an actor/character on this show, HK, EB, KS, SC (yeah me), even some not even on the show anymore! 

• Members

Marissa is a character who grew up poor too, but in additon to being beautiful, she is also very feminine, charming, and soft spoken as well as intelligent.  Yes Marissa can be tough, but she does it  without being a harpy or a thug. 

• Members

First off, I bet the actor that plays Luca gets another job on a better show sometime soon.  He's too good for this show's current writing regime.  The show's been better since the towering inferno of crap but it's a long way from good enough to keep talented people from jumping ship.  There was another post that said CG wasn't the typical skinny bimbo this show likes to cast and they're right.  She definitely has a different body type, more curves and a (very pretty) baby face.  That's why she would be a good third person for Luca to trifle with and set up a triangle with Marissa.  They could touch on topics like body image, culture and stuff like that.  Interesting, socially relevant topics that would be meaty acting challenges for these younger actors.  I think they could handle it and it would be tons more interesting than the computer virus stuff they've been trying to float.  And it would be really refreshing to have a love triangle where two of the people weren't related! 

Archived