GH: October 2015 discussion thread

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nina the virgin? Lord, spare me from this nonsense.

I like Dante and DZ, but Dante is an ass right now. Drunk Kiki isn't as bad as I would have expected. Morgan clearly still wants Ava. Now that Nik is interesting, I'd like to see him get more airtime.

• Members

This is one of the most negative days of posting I've seen.  For Pete's sake, we have a fine cast, and with a few exceptions the acting is excellent.  No, we don't have Meryl Streep and Laurence Olivier, but who does?  Roger Howarth is one of the finest actors to ever grace daytime, or primetime for that matter, Laura Wright is good as it gets, Jane Elliot is a blessing, etc., etc., etc.  The only problem is the way some of the characters have been written, and that seems to be improving too.     

• Members

GH's cast is atrocious. Outside of Billy Miller's agent, a panting fan press, and his mother, who said he was a big get? The guy is awful. Michelle Stafford was on Y&R forever, and she has potential but she isn't good enough to take this crappy role and make it good. Roger Howarth seemed like was good years ago on OLTL but he has shown there is nothing behind the curtain. He can't do anything except this smarm and annoying crap that he mistakenly thinks is funny.

And who said these guys were ratings winners?  Kimberly McCullough was a ratings winner.  Ten to fifteen years ago Vanessa Marcil was a ratings winner.   Don't you have to win some ratings before you are crowned a ratings draw?

In any case, the show sucks.   The entire show is about Sonny and Jason.  They weren't entertaining ten years ago, and they aren't entertaining now.   The show has no villains to speak of, once again is beset by babies, and too many characters have no story.   I don't blame the new writers for the lack of story though, that was a foregone conclusion that when Fluke ended the show would have nothing since Fluke was the only story they had going.   That crappy murder mystery starred too many noobs, and now the noobs are sitting with everyone else in the no-story lounge.  

I don't care if they raise Hemingway and Fitzgerald from the dead to write GH, there are no good stories to tell starring Sonny and Jason.  They are badly designed characters--Jason especially.

• Members

Oh-ho-ho-ho-kay!

Are you new here? Or everywhere? Franco is disastrously unpopular. 75% of the entire current frontburner cast is disastrously unpopular. This is not news. It's been like this for at least a year.

• Members

Ryan Paevey

Emme Rylan

Brytni Sarpy

Billy Miller

Michelle Stafford

Roger Howarth

Hayley Erin

Bryan Craig

And whoever the hell plays Dillon. Watkins whatever. Zzzz.

Are all awful. And most of them are on way too much. That's a large chunk of the cast. Howarth and Stafford just chew way too much scenery.

And personally I find William deVry terrible as well.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Howarth should have stayed off when Todd left. The Franko character never should have been brought back...He was a deranged serial killer, portrayed creepily perfect by James Franco.  Sideshow Franko will never be viable and they need to stop trying to make him work. As for Ninny, she should hace been a three month role and out.  kiki should have never been brought on, both actresses were miscast.

• Members

If we need more positive (relatively positive) thoughts, my mother still watches the show on a regular basis and had these insights to share.

- she likes Michael and Sabrina together and was pleased Sabrina and Felix are sharing scenes again

- she's tired of seeing Julian in his underwear and doesn't think his body is good enough to carry them off, but was happy that he and Alexis aren't having sex onscreen all the time now 

- um...she likes Max and Diane in their rare appearances 

- she's glad Laura is back and hopes she sorts out Nikolas

- she likes Tracy and was sorry her ex turned out to be a killer

She didn't say anything about smart TV though.

• Members

At best you are comparing ebola to the plague. I'm going to have to pick the plague. At least RH had talent at one point in his career. How many actors could make Franco or the material he's been given work? BM is also playing a terrible character and has his ticks. BM's problem is much like Thorsten Kaye's, they actually think about this material and want their character motivations to make sense.  We're not in Ryan's bar anymore my friends, so that's an exercise in futility.

Ryan Paevey and BC are just nothing.  If they have anything on their side it's youth and looks (I guess).  Neither of them have a drop of screen presence or charisma that I can detect.  I guess it shouldn't matter that they both come off as less than gracious IRL as well.

Also, I am sick to death of hearing Carly talk about marrying Sonny. It's been weeks and it's boring and has been done more times than I care to remember.

• Members

JJ, I just adore you :wub:

It's insane and agenda driven to believe Ryan Paevey is better than anyone's shoelace.  Let's not act like they had to dial anything but 877-por-nhub to get him.  

Carly running around like a silly teen to marry that greasy scuzzard was heartbreaking.  Is this supposed to be a love story?  Not one writer in the history of this show has bothered to tell us why Scummy is worth the fuss and the marbles folks give up for him.  He screws up and everyone rallies around him like he's a mentally challenged child!  

Lucas in that big ass doctor's coat?  Why?  

Archived