GH: October 2015 discussion thread

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sadly I think DAYS could be in trouble. Ratings haven't inched up wigh all the returned vets and hoopla. The show is relying on nostaligia to boost ratings and so far not there. GH keeps moving up in the ratings by keeping it simple giving us a smarter better written show. An approach DAYS so far isn't taking its more stick in a time warp then giving us modern storytelling for today's soap world 

• Members

So, some general thoughts on the week ... I have the show on but it's barely able to hold my attention. It isn't godawful trash anymore but it's not really all that exciting. Some movement seems to be happening but it's time to wrap up stories so that's why. We'll see how the show is once we're a little further into Jelly's reign.

I just really don't care much for any of the characters and actors the show is determined to focus on. I feel like I'm only hanging on because of nostalgic interest in characters like Tracy, Anna, Patrick, Liz, Laura, Nikolas ... even though I don't really recognize any of them anymore or they they seem aimless and just ... there. I do like Laura's involvement in all of this but she clearly has nothing else going on. Is Laura/Genie on borrowed time again?

This Jakeson crap needs to end. I don't really like what it's done to Liz. Nikolas, I can sort of buy. I also don't care for Pod Hayden. I want the raging nympho bitch back. Why do they force Rebecca Budig to play watered down women when she's far better and more engaging when her character is stirring things up? They did this on AMC too with Greenlee and it bugs the crap out of me. Anyway, today was the first time I was sort of interested in the Jake/Sam dynamic and I liked Miller/Monaco together. Finally.

I don't care about Sonny feeling like he's less of a man. I don't care for Pod Carly propping her thugs she calls sons and I detest that Michael is back to kissing Sonny's ass and practically taking over the business. AJ is rolling over in his grave. Sigh. At least we've had a slight break.

And then you have very lackluster actors playing Dillon, Valerie and Lulu. Emme Rylan is good but she's not the best. She's not nearly as blah as the other two though, and that's sort of saying something. Poor Dominic Zamprogna. Oh, please shave and get a haircut. Ew.

I like Sabrina/Michael but they're not exactly the most exciting things to watch. At least I like Sabrina now. And I'd like Michael more if he wasn't a Sonny prop again ...

I cringed seeing Franco, Nina and Kiki in the preview. No thanks. I just don't care and everytime I see them I see wasted salaries and airtime that could go towards actual GH characters. I didn't mind Stafford when Nina first came on as batshit crazy and they have been toned down, especially Howarth and Franco, but giving Hayley Erin the story of Kiki drinking is just tragic on every level. All three of them are isolated and could be written out tomorrow with NO affect on the canvas. None. Howarth and Stafford are the only reason these characters continue to waste airtime.

I will say I like the Tracy/Paul dynamic but why do I feel like this is another time Tracy gets bamboozled by a loser who wants to be in the mob. And why does every middle-aged man have to want to be in the mob and go after Sonny? It's tired. Zzzz.

Why are characters like Jordan (who gets a cameo appearance Monday), Ric, Scotty, among others, being absolutely wasted when we have such crap on the air?

I don't understand why they're focusing on who they're focusing on. I will say at least the show feels slightly more stable, more grounded and less hectic. We're not seeing characters and storylines dominate and then disappear for weeks/months. It's more consistent. I want to say the lighting is a bit better (though still bad). It looks a bit more like GH, but something's missing. At least they're trying to be emotional and give the characters some stakes.

• Members

I liked Wednesday's epi. It was great. But Thursday sucked so much except for Tracy/Paul. I liked Ava at the Hospital with Liz. 

Are we supposed to root for the Corinthos family? I find them all so unlikeable. Those people should never be leading characters. I hate them! Ava all the way!  In a short while I will hate Michael too, I hope they will bring him back to the Qs soon, he was great as a Q. Maybe the pregnacy will change his mind.

Did not watch Friday yet. 

• Members

I totally agree with this, especially the part where all three could disappear and it would hardly matter to the overall show. I've always liked RH, but these characters should go.

So Valerie really isn't pregnant? I'm surprised. I would much rather have seen her have a baby than Sabrina. Valerie and the baby could have left town after destroying Lante.

• Members

Yeah, they really could go tomorrow and no one would notice. It's bizarre how isolated they all are. I'd guess taping schedules have to do with that, and that's long been a Frank problem, IMHO. GH needs better cast interaction apart from the same people in the Jake/Sam/Liz/Patrick/Hayden/Nikolas orbit sharing scenes and the people in the Sonny/Carly/Michael/Morgan/Ava/Julian/Alexis sharing scenes with only each other. There's just not enough overlap IMO.

LOL. I missed Valerie not being pregnant. I muted her scenes. I won't lie.

I'm not really sure why Sabrina needs to be pregnant. Again. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Michael shouldn't be saddled with a damn kid.

Archived