GH: October 2015 discussion thread

• Members

Mo's happy with Jelly, so the show is definitely on the mend!  Yay!!!  That greasy little narcissistic fool loves a writer until they are out the door.  Mo only loved Guza because Scummy always won.  Mo complained that Wolfe didn't understand Sonny when Wolfe simply wrote Sonny being accountable.  Mo didn't like that Carly and others had turned on Sonny.  He's not used to carrying Sonny himself, so Mo needs other actors to assist.  Mo also complained that Ron didn't like him/Sonny when Michael turned on Sonny.  I see a pattern here.  Mo has a problem with characters being against Sonny.  He [understandably] has no confidence in his abilities to sell something different.  If Jelly uses Sonny paralysis to redeem this clown, Mo will have a problem with that too.  Now, either he is as dumb as a box of rocks for believing he has sold Sonny's torturous soul or he's calling his stans a bunch of dumb asses for believing he has.  The "haters" don't see it?  What kind of journalist uses such a biased word?  

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chit why does it matter of Maurice knows his character well he's only played it 22 years. I think u need to just sit back and enjoy the little things of smarttv. You are a little tense just relax to a much more emotional complex show. Ron GH made u go a little crazy so now he's gone just enjoy the exciting stories Jelly has. U enjoyed them on YR so let them give u that experience again .

• Members

Thanks Dr. Philly.  I'm good.  Mo has played Sonny for 22 years means what exactly?  It means he knows the character is weak and relies on other characters to make him viable.  There's nothing smart about everyone surrounding Sonny AGAIN and making him feel good about being a piece of sh!t!  Now, what would be smart?  Use this paralysis to bring about much needed change in this maggot.  Mo will fight it, but so what.  No one is knocking down his door for other gigs so he will stay put and play out the story.  Other characters should not have to be trashed to give the illusion that Sonny is valuable.  He is not!  

• Members

Nancy Lee Grahn ‏@NancyLeeGrahn

Love wins on #gh with new fabulous writers @PFossil @MichelleAltman1 Actors happy. Fans happy. #julexissurprise Great work @finolahughes

Soaps In Depth ABC ‏@soapsindepthabc

Atlman and Passanante are obviously making sure people in Port Charles get/have/go to jobs. #GH

The glowing reviews keep coming in for smarttv. Nancy Grahn u redeemed yourself go Nancy and SID. Again people I didn't write this it's people resonating to smarttv. Its here and how blessed we are.

• Members

Both of them are getting airtime but are in rancid pairings where 2 murderous pieces of [!@#$%^&*] get to be happy and in love?  When did soaps get here?  Can you imagine James Stenbeck, Roger Thorpe, Adam Chandler, JR Ewing being promoted as in love and happy?  Not that Schmoe or William could compare but since when do murderous bastards get happy endings?  That's ridiculous!  

• Members

I liked Ron's early stuff like 2012 through the big Robin reveal. Then in 2014 he started going south too much Nina pimping and characters I didn't care about and extremely plot driven. We didn't get emotion or the rich subtext we are getting now. Cassadine u haven't even noticed the amazing improvements? The stuff with Anna yesterday was full on pyschological smarttv at its finest digging into the pysche of the character 

I have yet to see any rich subtext or character driven moments. The wonderful fierce cold war spy that is Anna has been watered down by bad writing. I did like her scenes with Kevin am so glad his back. But i'm not expecting Bill Bell/Doug Marland/Agnes Nixon/Nancy Curlee caliber type writing from Jelly, these hacks are only slightly better then Ron. Alexis and Julian polluting that bathtub with their bodily fluids isn't Smart TV. Plus Frank Valentini and Nathan Varni are telling them what to write. #NotFallinInLoveWithSmartTV#GH

• Members

The Alexis and Julian stuff very adult. Omg the scenes with Olivia and Ned were fantastic. Emotional moments we weren't getting. The show has a very different tone to it.  Jelly didn't have to eat the budget up with some big tornado or plane crash ala Pratt. They have decided to do a quieter simpler approach and have the explosions happen within the character's. Jean is following Agnes approach to writing while modernizing her take on it. The scenes with Kevin and Anna wrre fabulous.

If only GH would kill off all the dud characters in a plane crash like Agnes Nixon did when she took over AW in the 1960's.Jeanie P isn't talent enough to modernize anything beside i don't  think Valentini or Varni would let her anyway. I like Lisa Locicero since her days at Loving but Olivia adds nothing to the show hell the writers even forgot that Olivia has psychic powers. GH should have put Wally[ dimples} Kurth on contract before Days did. The mob now plays a major role on GH like it did under Guza so am pretty sure will see more shootings and explosions.

Archived