• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is committment to diversity or committment to lining their pockets with what's working in Prime Time right now? Black folks have always existed. Everyone is trying to jump on the Colored Folks Making Us Money bandwagon, and BB is no different. Lee Daniels is a "pioneer". Empire is the hottest show in TV right now. You'd be a complete idiot to not tap into some of that.

• Members

Very pleased with the casting. OC they will only be around for this arc and that's OK. I'm glad they waited to get outstanding actors for these roles. I fear though that the writing is going to continue to let me down (just like changing Rick into Dick). They'll come on as 'small town bigots' into 'progressive' and 'enlightened' LA and leave being 'educated' and 'corrected' by the liberal elites. I truly hope that B&B can figure out how to write these character with shades and compassion instead of being 'ignorant.' I can't even imagine what it like for a parent with a TG child and the conflicts and fears that would cause.

Archived