Y&R: April 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

I also think Sharon and Dylan are good together. I knew they would be though. They always had chemistry. JFP just didn't want to go there although she should have from the very beginning.

I have no more desire to see Hilary with Cane than I have to see Lily with him. I do love the rivalry between Hilary and Lily and much rather they get in some business venture together and battle over that. Anything but Cane.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It seemed as if they were heading in the direction of Sharon and Dylan when he was suffering PTSD and she was coping with her own illness.

I agree that Hillary and Lilly work well as a rivalry. I say kill off Cane and somehow have Hillary be responsible for his death, thus taking Hillary and Lilly's rivalry to a whole new level.

• Members
It seems that Sharon Case isn't all that important to Sony or the networks anymore. They have others they want to push it seems. Avery and Chelsea, namely. Both to whom JFP have hitched Dylan. I think JFP wanted her pet with one of those ladies. I'm happy neither really worked Cause they sure didn't make sense. Sharon and Dylan does in my opnion.

I wouldn't argue if Cane died in some unfortunate accident that Hilary was complicit in happening. I don't get why Cane is still around. He's run his course and has no more story to tell. Nor does he connect Winters to any other core family. I wish the show would move on from him. Maybe then the show would be forced to wrote Jill as Billy's mother.

I just want a female rivalry that isn't over a guy. I think the show has something with Lily vs Hilary and the Hevon pairing. Since Devon has the money, it'd seem the natural thing to write a business story with these characters plus Neil. But I don't think the show does those anymore.

• Members

Jill is the last remaining core character on this show. JW brings it in all her scenes, which is a heck of a lot more than most of the younger cast (looking at your phoning it in *ss, Hunter King) when they actually have story. If JW didn't want to work, she would just leave. Apparently you are part of her inner circle to know so much about her free timewhistling.jpgwhistling.jpgwhistling.jpg

• Members

I could have sworn JW only left the show before because they didn't do anything with Jill And had no plans to do anything. Or am I making that up? Either way, she was very excited to be asked back. I do remember that. I got the feeling that she was Very willing to be on full time.

• Members

^ ^ That sounds familiar to me too.

Is the dude playing Kyle gay IRL cuz I don't see it. Honestly. HK may not be his perfect match on screen, but IMO he's nowhere near as unbelievable as KR and CLB. He would be a good candidate for a May-December fling.

• Members

JW talked about her plans in an interview last year. If CBS and Sony plan to keep Y&R around for a while, then the show needs characters that will bring in the top demo 18-49 for the advertisers. The Talk is rocking the ratings and we all know Les monvees would be only to happy to dump Y&R. The CBS honco has been pretty outspoken about his contempt for soaps.

• Members

JW is the least of Y&R's problems. Firstly, she's not even on often enough to be the issue. Secondly, Y&R needs consistently better writing and better storylines. Much like Katherine Chancellor, Jill Abbott can go for as long as the writing is good. Demos will turn up for good writing for awhile but if the writing is not consistent, they will tune out especially in light of having many other options.

As for the Young, Y&R is doing very little with Noah, who is a legacy character who should have an active role in the GC landscape, instead he is playing 2nd fiddle and often 3rd banana to Summer and Austin. It wouldn't be too bad with Summer except for the fact that this is at least her 2nd or 3rd character focused story-- when was the last time Noah had a story that he could claim as being focused on him? That Adriana mess? What are they truly doing to further flesh out Mariah's character for that matter? What happened to Fen? Oh yeah, he wasn't being used, ME decided to seek greener pastures.

If only it were that simple as pinpointing blame at Jill/JW but she isn't even on that much to assign blame to. Y&R at its best was multi-generational anyway. If we want to talk about a potential problem of an older character eating show, maybe it's time to discuss Victor.

• Members

ICAM. Noah, Mariah - and now Kyle - need some story. I think RA could handle it, if it doesn't involve a lot of mourning. If I were Courtney, I'd come back and haunt his ass for that spectacle last week. CG can do whatever they ask, for sure.

In-T-Way. It is a shame they let ME go. Great actor, and easy on the eyes.

• Members

I see Summer waited a proper mourning period before sleeping with anyone.....

Poor Dullan torn between two basket cases....O_O

Cane...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

Tracey E. Bregman is beautiful...I wish she had a better story, Cane?...Please no...Michael's cancer story skips beats too often, but with better writing, it could be a great story.

Archived