GH: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Real people would not make the leap from "this man in front of me has amnesia" to "the only way my husband who is dead wouldn't come home would be if he had amnesia and this man in front of me has amnesia, therefore this man must be my husband"

There was a lot to crititiicize about yesterday but not having Sam figure this out isn't one of them. Jason is dead, the always to be believed Robin said so. You could trot out 40 amnesia victims and Sam would have no reason to suspect any of them were Jason. The only angle she might pursue is a need to talk to Robin face to face for closure.

As for the episode, I had to FF the entire thing almost. Children in danger? They must have focus groups showing people love Spencer or something. I think he is fine to come in once in a while and be precocious and a plot point, but this thing with Emma and Cameron is such a waste of time.

• Members

Exactly! I actually liked Spencer and thought he was adorable when Nik first returned and they only trotted the kid out for holidays and events like Laura's wedding or the occasional plot point. But this sh-t with him (and the others) being on all the time and having his own story and love triangle? Hell no!

• Members
I get what you're saying. And I'm not saying Sam should make the leap the way you stated. I just think there should be a shadow of a doubt that Jason is dead. Which could lead her to have suspicions about Jake. I think Jason even went through amnesia when he was with Sam.

She had decided, long before she heard from Robin via Patrick that Jason was dead. But Robin was at Creighton Clark, a Cassadine facility. Helena Cassadine was dead, now she's not. Lots of people in PC come back from the dead, are the citizens not aware of that? Sam knows that she can't trust Faison or the Cassadines to tell the truth.

The puzzle pieces are all there. Helena's involvement/Danny's affection toward Jake/the dragon/the ring/the previous brain surgery/the previous amnesia/Jake's unwillingness to hurt Sam/his visions of being with her. We know that eventually she will find out that Jake is Jason, but the way the writers have gone about this story is ridiculous. It would have been better for Sam to have no contact with Jake, no conversation with him about her life, and let the reveal be a true and utter shock. I feel like this way dumbs down the story and characters,

In order to pass this off they have to make Patrick an a-hole that doesn't care about Robin and her whereabouts. They skirt the issue of Emma and Robin's lack of a relationship. They make Robin a victim, and a heartless person for not telling anyone about Jason for so long. Emma seems to have amnesia and forgotten she has a mother. Sam, the private investigator, does nothing to find out every little thing she can about the love of her life's supposed second real death. Everyone is unquestioning of why Helena is back from the dead, so they all look dumb. Then the writers toss Carly and Liz into the Jake story to misdirect the viewer from all the things I listed. They should have just recast Robin instead of this Rube Goldberg story.

It looks as though Jake is the new Fluke with a dragged out story and I have to wonder if the writers even know what they're going to do with Jason once he knows who he is. Whether GH makes it another year or not, I'm not sure I can.

Weird double post, edited.

• Members

I imagine this will be dragged out until KMc returns. There is just no way how they can have Jason regain his memory but not race off to free Robin. If Robin is not on the show he can't do that, so therefore he can't get his memory back just yet. Whenever KMc announces she is coming back the Jason story will pick up. Also, Helena needs to return with Lulu's baby.

• Members

You can do the occasional story with a kid. Robin and Mikey Webber both had decent airtime. It's just the stories RC tells with these kids are ridiculous. I guess it is cute to play them as mini adults, I don't know, but he seems to think so. They could have used Spencer more effectively by having him trail Luke and get caught and traumatized with the skeleton, thereby pitting Nik against Helena's plans. There are ways to use kids, just not this way.

• Members

Robin got to witness her mother being kidnapped and Filomena being killed and was in shock for awhile, it was a great way to give her a little mini story while not letting her dominate.

I keep thinking about that famous Monty quote about the number of kids and child actors on the show. It might be time for a bus accident.

• Members

*sigh* The news broke in again. But I guess in the long run it doesn't matter. I liked Maxie today, kicking Spinelli out. I was glad Diane got threatened by Luke, but if that was me I would't represent him. Stupid that Luke threatens a cop in front of another cop. That alone would keep him from posting bail. When Nic went to see Spencer I kept saying to myself, "pull the plug, pull the plug."

And I remember reading that bus accident thing by Monty too.

Archived