B&B: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do have to say I kind of regret wanting Brooke back. She killed the flow the show had going on. Her return hasnt felt all that organic and its like they are trying to squeeze a circle into a square hole. They should have just had her come back in a supporting role, let her get reacclimated onto the canvas instead of having her hijack the quad story, which up until now has been pretty well written and paced. Theres no need for Brooke to be one of the leads in it. She's ruining the show

• Members

To a certain point, I have to agree. There was no need for her to be thrown into 100% leading capacity the moment she came back. They could have very easily taken the time to let her find out about events, play the beats/her reactions, and that's it. The really annoying part is that we're back for another round of Brooke-tries-to-seduce-Ridge and, the thing is, we've seen it before (many, many times). "Killing the flow" is the perfect way to put it.

That being said, I do think the quad had gone through the natural circle of its climax and anything that followed would probably feel less exciting than before. It was already starting to feel a little stretched (partly because there was also no other story going on). Brooke coming back instantly brought some more drama and clearly the general audience was interested.

And, again, ruining the show is a big, big stretch. If the show was really in that good a shape, Brooke would only be able to affect the one story. Brooke has nothing to do with the lameness that is Bill and Katie. Or Liam and Steffy and the take over story. Or Aly and Oliver's non-story. Or Carter's non-story. Etc. They burned through the quad stuff so fast and then they were left with nothing. That's poor planning/headwriting.

• Members

I meant more of the current state of the show and that goes back to a problem I was saying for weeks (having one story). She is ruining that storyline and by default the show bc thats ALL the focused on. Now we are starting to see other stuff beyond the quad, but the show failed to properly develop any of that

• Members

I don't think there's much more they can do with Brooke as a whole since the writers clearly refuse to let her grow or mature or learn from her mistakes. She's basically been written into a corner. Even KKL said in I think it was SOD, that she'd love to play something more with Brooke than just chasing a man, I'm paraphrasing.

Archived