DAYS: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Monday's episode was stellar in every way. Melissa Salmon's script was incredibly moving; Sweeney should win the emmy. The directing, iighting, everything was spot on. Kudos. I don't care if EJ isn't really dead. They milked it and got it right from beginning to end! I was crying the whole time.

• Members

Agreed. I almost forgot who Sami was in that scene. AS has really done an amazing job with this storyline. She's so much more effective here than in her blubbering scenes she used to be so fond of just a few years back.

• Members

Loooord. I cannot with all this Daniel propping they're making Kristen do. Maybe if Daniel had been there after EJ was mugged things would've been different? Really? And he's such an amazing healer and blah blah blah. GAG. And I'm so tired of his condescending BS.

Good to see Theo.

Eric can forgive everyone but Nicole... RME.

• Members

Just starting to finish up Friday's episode. I was shocked that I actually felt something about EJ's death.

And color me completely shocked that Josh Taylor actually showed up for work. Although the scene was brief, he did excellent work with Alison, and that scene where he was looking at the kids at Will's place. I truly have to give the man kudos.

I thought Alison got better and better as the episode went on. She truly had me tearing up at the morgue. My poor Sami :(

• Members

Watching Monday's episode, I now understand Eileen's comments about some scenes that were difficult to film following the deaths of her sister and niece. Kristen's initial reactions to finding out about EJ were extremely raw. Excellent work.

• Members

Just marathoned Monday to Wednesday - AS gave the performances of her career.

I can't with Eric and Nicole having the same conversation again. This couple were sizzling when they started, but it's destroyed and beyond salvage now. Any reconciliation would be worse.

Dang, Theresa is digging herself in deeper.

Loved Marlena and Kate face off.

I'm not sure Kristen's motivation of "grabbing happiness while you can" is the flip of a switch from mourning to scheming its being portrayed as. Anyway, the show teasing us that Anne and Eve are going to cross paths with Kristen fills me with delight.

• Members
JAMES SCOTT REMOVED FROM CREDITS...
1939859_479670425508570_6056241500112429
James Scott (EJ) was removed from the credits today. Due to a previous preemption, the credits for this week cover the episodes airing from Tue. 10/14 through Mon. 10/20. This could be an indication that Scott's last episode was actually Monday, October 13, although rumors continue to persist he could still appear again before Alison Sweeney (Sami)'s last episode later this month. A removal from the contract cast list usually means the actor won't be appearing again. A recent example is Eileen Davidson (Kristen). Davidson had a surprise final appearance (on a video she left for Brady) in December 2013 (a month after Kristen had last aired), and her name continued to be in the credits through that appearance.

Archived