DAYS: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Isn't Johnny and Allie's birthday also in October? They should have just made it for that.

And if there's anything I want to hear less than Theresa telling terrible lies, it's Roman reciting Theresa's terrible lies sounding like the damn Cookie Monster.

• Members

That was not love glow, that was motel fun glow, there is a difference. Ben doesn't like his father, but he still borrowed money from him from motel fun, so he must have really needed to release to borrow money from Clyde.

EJ getting up in Clyde's face was a mistake, I think, but we will have to wait and see if EJ took a bullet.

John lying about Theresa was an interesting twist and a good one. This could potentially blow up in John's face.

• Members

To quote Kristen from last year to Marlena "you never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity" - seriously John Black had a golden opportunity to dispense of Kristen from Brady's life forever and all he chose to do was kick the can down the road and "pick the lesser of 2 evils" i.e. Basic Theresa. Theresa should take her get out jail card and disengage from all things Black family, but I bet the dimwit will try push her luck and make a new play for Brady instead.

Jordan + Chad >>>> Jordan + Rafe, there is actual chemistry here and Chrishell seems alive.

EJ got shot a day earlier than I predicted! I've liked EJ the last year or so but the character is still damaged beyond repair so hopefully he leaves Salem in a bodybag. Bye Eeej!

• Members

Absolutely. I can only imagine the ways this is going to come back to haunt John, although I still think he's right about Kristen being the bigger danger.

It was hard for me to feel much today about E.J's death. One of the bad things about all of the coming back from the dead troupe is that I don't feel these kinds of deaths anymore. It didn't really seem like it could be a set up, but it probably was.

• Members

Yes, he died of a gun shot wound. Since Sami was alone with him for a bit and was crying, it seems like she isn't in on some plan with him. EJ was taken to the morgue. Will not surprise me, if we find out Kristen was behind this, if they ever want to write him back in.

• Members

I thought it was a really good episode and AS did great work. I won't miss EJ though, so I felt kind of detached from all of it. But it was well written and acted.

I'll get crucified for this, but even Josh Taylor put in an effort today, particularly in the scene when he went to pick up the kids. I wasn't aware he was capable of facial expressions.

For Stefano, the circumstances of EJ's death almost mirror Tony's death - both deaths were botched accidents and both occurred when they were in the process of being disowned by Stefano. It's a bitter irony for Stefano that his vows to change are ephemeral and that history comes full circle to punish him. His intransigence to change was heavily foreshadowed between EJ/Chad earlier in the week, and the heavy price of wanting to hurt his offspring cost him dearly again.

I was looking for a reason for the juxtaposition for EJ's death against the Abby/Ben and Chad/Jordan scenes, but if one exists, it wasn't obvious to me.

Yeah, that will forever tarnish this show, but this regime generally has a good track record at keeping the dead as dead (minus Stefano and Nick, which we kind of knew and had resolved very quickly - the long presumed dead have stayed dead).

I don't know - seems unambiguous to me that Clyde Weston's goon did this. But I guess they could always rewrite history down the road....

• Members

This execution of this exit was horrible, even though the endings of both EJ and Sami are appropriate. I like the thought of Sami losing herself after losing the one man who would have loved her through any and everything she did. It's something which I think has real gravitas for the character. To lose the one person who could have truly given her unconditional and endless love, which is something I think she will never again receive from anyone be it her family, her children or another lover. Still even with all that being said they truly wasted James this year. 2014 has sucked so badly and I don't understand why the writers have destroyed this show and have his character do nothing of worth for the bulk of the year didn't do him any favors. I think the last time I enjoyed EJ was back in 2013. Still I will miss this darling man, and endlessly charismatic actor who brought tons of life to the role and made him one of the corner stones of Days of Our Lives for nearly a decade. He's Samantha's one, true soul mate, and he will be remembered as such even if James Scott never returns to the soap. I hope the impact of his death is felt for the entire duration of the month and year. An exit like this should really be utilized fully. Maybe it will kick Days back into gear.

JS_EJDiMera.png

Archived