DAYS: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We know that death is hardly ever permanent on soaps and the show would be glad to have JS back in the future, so I appreciate wherever they're going with Kristen injecting him with whatever magic serum that is. Even if he never returns before the show is cancelled, his fans at least have that, for whatever it's worth.

• Members

Frankly, the only time I accept a character's death these days is when their veteran portrayer of advanced age passes away. I never, ever would have fully accepted the finality of E.J.'s death and I don't think I'm alone in that. As crazy as it may seem, this feels more final, like more of a "button" is put on his story for now. He's on a shelf, we may or may not get back to him in the near future, but fans can let it go and move on for now.

• Members

Agreed. We know he's not going to walk in the front door of the mansion and resume business as usual in three days, which is the kind of fake death I really loathe. This is literally the same thing they did with Patch 24 years ago -- sticking a tag onto the story so the seed was planted. The mourning is real, and the story isn't a giant fake-out, so it works better for me than, say, Melaswen or those ridiculous safehouse deaths in 2012. Though the science of it really bothers me: Stefano has a drug to CURE DEATH?! Why doesn't he sell that and get filthy rich instead of pulling all these nonsense schemes?

Today's episode was beautiful, though. They hit the right beats, down to Abe telling Sami that Theo would be comforted to know EJ was with Lexie now. Roman was even good!

Archived