DAYS: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the thing I don't like about Caroline is that she's inconsistent. First she is empathisizing with EJ bc she was in that position and urged Sami to try and forgive him. Now that Sami has, she's mad that she took her advice? Ugh, granny, bye!

• Members

I haven't seen that episode yet but Caroline also flipped her opinion on Hope moving on in 5 seconds because Victor told her, so her inconsistency is consistent :P It can be fanwanked that her head is muddled because of the Alzheimers, or it can criticized as bad writing - there is a case for both.

Monday's episode:

I love seeing Julie. I wonder of the show is slow burning a story with her - she was distraught when Nick died and she returned with this new calm zen from meditation and yoga spouting platitudes about forgiveness and moving on. She seems like somebody failing to cope and instead deals with trauma by embracing denial instead. There were cracks in her conversation with Jen - trying to maintain a facade of calm while trying to suppress the anger and rage inside. Perhaps I'm reaching, but she seems one shock moment away from snapping to me.

It's this small attention to detail and continuity that makes me want to like this writing team but they are so inconsistent - they swing from brilliance to boredom and back again so rapidly and so often.

Another great piece of character trait continuity in this episode was Kristen's reaction to seeing the Orangataniel with Parker - I love that the show remembers Kristen's connection with children.

I'm not sure what JJ's problem is - Is he worried that he is too much like his father or that Beige will dump him because she thinks he is like his father if she finds out about Jack being Kayla's rapist? Or does he have another secret.

MBE looked beautiful in that episode.

Great to see Bev/Alison Paige again - it's kind of nasty that the show used the portayer's surname as the forename of the character that would replace her in the storyline.

A really nice episode - Jeanne Marie Ford is a very underrated SW.

• Members

Tuesday was another good episode.

Anvils falling everywhere around EJ - can't be long now?

Loved the EJ/Chad talk with EJ talking about how their siblings were treated with vindictiveness by their father for "crossing" him - Peter, Tony and Lexie mentions.

JJ/Beige are tedious.

Would John really say that Kristen whacked him in the head because he views her as a bigger threat than Theresa? if so, Theresa should thank her stars for being such a amateur.

I think the people that dress Will are going for the hipster look. Clearly they have never met a hipster.

• Members

Monday and Tuesday's episodes were very well done all the way around. Most of the costuming worked, the writing was good, as was the acting. Eileen has a much juicier role on this show; she should stay. She's hot with Brady.

Chad still has some acting work to do and it looked like he partied a little too much before the episodes aired. Those bags under his eyes were noticeable.

Even Drake acted.

Love Julie.

Paige and JJ story needs a lot of work though.

• Members

Wednesday was frustrating - the John reveal feels about as constipated as Drake looks. Why is Kristen in the room if he isn't planning to pin his head whack on her?

This Will is more like Lucas in his speech and mannerisms - lol, I only made that connection this week!

I'm just going to guess that somebody tries to kill EJ as a Friday cliffhanger. We got Clyde and Stefano, Chad as a red herring for good measure, maybe Kate still to come...

Caroline seemed more upset that Sami didn't tell her about reuniting with EJ, rather than the reunion itself.

Archived