DAYS: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh, I think he did it, but Kristen could have easily hired him. Clyde seemed pretty shocked that he shot EJ for very little reason. Then one of the people on the EMT staff could have given him some wonder drug to stop the heartbeat. We all know these stories can go, if they choose to head down that route. Kristen came right out and said she was going to make EJ pay for betraying her just a few short weeks ago too, so the set up is there.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

EJ's death felt very rushed and poorly written. He was shot, died in Sami's arms and ended up in the morgue all in the same episode. I'm not really a fan of EJ, the only times I really liked him were in 2006-2007 when he was Salems main bad guy and in 2009 during the baby switch and feud with the Kiriakis', but he was a major leading character for eight years.

It's a shame they wasted him on Sami for so many years.

• Members

Oh yes, you are correct. They could also manufacture previously unseen scenes where Kate persuaded Clyde to take care of EJ.

I actually thought that the show would do a whodunnit, but I think there is a good chance that the murder is going to be chalked up as a mugging gone wrong and left at that (until James Scott returns). I know that will irk fans who think nothing less than 1 year of mourning with flags at half mast and all the women dressed in black with veils is the bare minimum the show should give as a token of respect to EJ...

Lol, Ghost of JER would be happy!

• Members

I wonder if it is a conscious decision by the show to minimise his death as a way of moving forward and limit the big chunk of screen time that just got freed up for other players. The show is officially in transition and about to be glutted by newbies - the last thing they want to do is remind people of what just left and isn't coming back.

• Members

Well the show still has Sami around for another three weeks or so. I am sure most of the mourning is going to be heavily on her. So I do think EJ will get his respect through her and possibly a few members of his family. But that's pretty much it. I doubt they will have Sami forget him and jump into another relationship within that span of time.

• Administrator

Same here. The setup storyline of EJ getting shot and killed was poorly executed. EJ has no history with Clyde and it's some goon who pulls the trigger? The only thing I'm happy about is that EJ didn't die a hero - I was scared that was going to happen somehow. And I really hope he's dead. I will be upset if EJ got a happy ending if it turns out he's alive and he and Sami and the kids walk off into the sunset.

• Members

Thank God EJ is finally gone. I don't even care if he's dead dead, because his being gone is the most important thing.

It's just a shame that if he isn't dead, this will serve as the final ruination of Sami, as EJ's sole purpose as a character seems to for the past few years to take Sami beyond the point of even partial redemption. EJ has always been a monster and a rapist and I'm glad to see the back of him, no matter how "good-looking" the tool of an "actor" who portrayed him was.

Good riddance, EJ and James Scott. Don't let the door hit ya.

• Members

I was impressed with the performances, Scott was so expressive with his eyes, it was devastating and Sweeney delivered well too. Mascolo did a lot with his part as well, it was much, but he nailed it. I think EJ probably is dead, since there was a lot of foreshadowing.

• Members

Thoughts for the week!

1) JULIE! Of course it's always great to see Days legend SSH on my screen. I wish we saw more of Doug with her other than just popping up for one episode at Christmas. I LOVE Doug/Hope's relationship and it would be great to see some Doug/Hope scenes with Hope initiating this divorce, etc. Hope could use her daddy's shoulder to cry on for at least one episode.

2) Loved the family scenes between Caroline/Eric ( I agree - they play grandmother/grandson so well!) and Will/Sami (I always love their relationship)

3) I don't often comment on clothing, hair, etc... but I totally agree that whoever is dressing Will needs to change their design ASAP!! (Even though we wouldn't see any change on screen until summer 2016 ;) Will's yellow plaid shirt and what was it? a navy vest! I mean, we get it! We know that he's gay.. but he's not flamboyantly gay! Will's character and personality are very chill, calm, and smart and his clothing lately just doesn't match that.

4) Loving Nu-Chad. Does anybody know how long of a contract he signed?! I pray he signed a 4 year contract! Maybe if Mansi renews her contract for at least 2 years we could have some great Ben/Chad/Abby stuff for a solid 2-3 years... we need it. We need stability among the younger set.

5) My favorite moment of the week was EJ/Jonny. With EJ telling Johnny not to be ashamed of his DiMera name. Those boys are adorable and those scenes were great heart touching scenes!

6) Ok this is totally just coincidence.. but did anyone else notice some of Sami's dialogue to Will this week.. it went something like this... "If Sonny did something horrible, you would realize it would just be a mistake." Aired on the SAME DAY of Freddie's car accident. Just saying... I like the irony even though it was total coincidence.

7) I enjoyed the EJ shooting scenes. I agree the set up was a little lame (I don't give a crap about Clyde & His Ozarks gang). But the acting from James, Ali and Joe M were truly Amazing!! Ali rocked it out of the park! I am so going to miss her on this show! I know everyone has their feelings about her - but I believe everyone deep down acknowledges the amazingly positive impact Ali has had on this show. I like how this entire EJAMI finale storyline has been kept under wraps. We don't know if we've seen the last of EJ, we don't even know for a certain last airdate for Ali, etc... I appreciate how they are keeping things under wraps much better than in previous years.

Archived