DAYS: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

KDP is doing a great job, but I view her as a new character.. not as Eve Barron Donovan. I understand Charlotte Ross wasn't able to return, but KDP wasn't the right choice to recast with. I do think Jen Lilley was a great choice to play theresa since she is kind of similiar to Charlotte Ross... I would have bought her and Charlotte Ross as half-sisters.. just don't buy KDP and Jen Lilley as being related at all.

With that said, KDP has great chemistry with Shawn Christian...just a shame Daniel/Jennifer are end game :(

Btw, Ken Corday said a year or so ago that his favorite couples are Bo/Hope, John/Marlena, and Daniel/Jennifer. Which explains why it took the show so long to finally move Hope forward since i dont think Peter R is returning anytime soon.. and why John/Marlena are back together even though Marlena was so much better away from that dead weight... while Daniel had better chemistry with Nicole, Chloe, and nuEve then he ever had with Jennifer.

• Members

Wednesday's episode:

They might as well have had Clyde at target practice taking aim at a picture of EJ, the heavyhanded foreshadowing does little for suspense.

Chad/Jordan seem infinitely more interesting than Rafe/Jordan. I am fascinated by the Rafe/Kate dynamic though - Kate plays all her cards so close to her chest that it is so hard to tell if she has moved on from Rafe to Clyde. I think she is in the process, but she is calculating: She sees Clyde as a more charming and successful Curtis Reed and that must have set her alarm bells off, but she also knows she needs him as an ally against Stefano because Sami is flaking out. Then there is poker face Chad - is he playing her, Stefano or both. This is all interesting writing to me, I hope it all actually goes somewhere.

JJ/Beige = zzzz. It's hard to believe a year ago he was raising hell with Rory and Bev and now he is being saddled with Pollyanna.

Abby looked nice even if her clothes were from 1988.

• Members

Thursday's episode:

Janet I is honestly the worst sw on this show (although hardly the worst in the genre). Every scene just seemed like a missed opportunity: EJ/Nicole was flat and ultimately redundant, when it could have gone somewhere insightful or fresh - the breakdown certainly allowed for it. The exact same thing could of been said for Jen/Eve, JJ/Beige, Jordan/Kate.

• Members

Friday's episode:

I actually enjoyed this episode. Kate/EJ were fierce! I like how she never gives in to him and has a comeback based on what she can do to him, not empty threats. I love the writing for Kate.

Theresa growing a pair and going in on Daniel was great, so glad she is pulling herself together at last, unfortunately it seems to late.

The background music for John's realization was something out of a horror movie lol.

Always a treat to see Victor.

I'm guessing that Rafe/Jordan are not going to reconcile?

• Members

The only reason Kate has power is because EJ keeps burning bridges against everyone has a relationship with to protect Sami and by extension Kate. She really needs to understand and realize that he is the one who bought her time by having Stefano banned from Salem and in the process she is only in the position she is in because EJ saved her and Sami's ass. I guess she didn't catch that benefit when she was crawling the walls once she heard that Stefano was planning to return.

That being said EJ's pretty much left himself in a position in which he is powerless and helpless and virtually a sitting duck against Clyde, Stefano and Kristen -- all of which whom want his head on a platter for various reasons. He's a complete fool who is signing his own death warrant, and making too many enemies too quickly for his current position. All to protect Sami -- who is an idiot, and Kate who is going to manipulate the situation to land him in jail. It will ultimately end up costing EJ everything in the end one way or another in prison time or death. EJ keeps siding with the people in his life who are going to destroy him. I think it's kind of poetic in a way. Sami will be his demise, and Sami will have killed the very man who would have loved her threw everything. All of it put in motion because of her own vengeance and schemes. Burned again by her own hand. I think that's a good send off for both characters. EJ dead due to his obsession with Samantha, and Sami destroyed by her own actions yet again -- because she can't leave well enough alone, and who never truly learned from the consequences of her actions.

That being said Kate needs to be put in her place, it's unbelievable that she continuously tangles with these dangerous men time after time and always lives to tell the tale.

• Members

No more unbelievable than the writing for the vast majority of men in daytime. Kate is, arguably, the best written role for a woman in daytime these days, she never gives up or gives in. She fights and she wins. I like to see that. I always root for her, even if she's in the wrong!

• Members

The dialogue between EJ and Kate was well written, so I loved it. Kate told EJ some things that he couldn't really refute.

John realizing that Theresa hit him and saying it all breathlessly was lame. He always sounds like his throat is dry.

• Members

I really enjoyed Kate showing EJ the receipts about the books and how he and Stefano have been siphoning off into their own accounts. As well, it was a good move of the writers to have Kate say that she's been observing EJ over the years and that he's become his father, some useful foreshadowing I'd say!

Lauren Koslow really sold all those lines to EJ, she is the highlight of the show for me.

• Members

The three things I will never understand is 1) why Lauren Koslow hasn't won an emmy yet 2) why she is a supporting character when she constantly drives whatever story she is placed in, even when they are lame 3) Why she hasn't interacted more with Eileen Davidson on screen. I would love to see how the actresses play off each other in scenes.

Lauren has been a solid and consistent actress on this show since 1996 (even though initially she was a bit more melodramatic in the 90s but that acting style actually worked for that Bill Bell and James Reilly era). I don't think I can count on one hand the moments when I can say Lauren didn't give exactly what the scene calls for. Her acting choices are impeccable and frankly I would much rather watch her drive story then Kassie DePiva, Melissa Reeves, and at this point, Eileen Davidson (I am kinda over her now and am only interested in her in scenes with Dee Hall).

Koslow has so much appeal to a vast demographic, even though she is in her 60s. This show could use her in a "Kristen" role to sorta mix it up with the other characters and I have been saying for years that Marlena and Kate should have been bitter enemies for Kate's role in sending Sami to death row. Them being nice and cordial to each other sickens me. Kate needs another female in her age group to spat with. This will also give Marlena something to do other than meddling in Eric's life and gushing over John (don't get me started on my fear for her character now that she is being saddled with John again...ugh!!)

• Members

I think LK and Kate have found the perfect niche as a supporting character. She may be supporting but she drives story for all kinds of characters, herself included. She winds up acting with all the supposed leads and as the leads come and go she is still here plugging away. They always find something for her to do, although losing Sami will be a loss for Kate. Kate and Marlena will be the last characters standing.

Archived