DAYS: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't with the price tag!!!

I don't get why they're blowing past all the obstacles for Hope and Aiden so quickly. The scenes have generally all been strong and enjoyable, but everything is getting resolved via nice, rational conversations. Isn't this supposed to be a soap?

I'm pissed JJ stripped down to boxer briefs with the damn lights off. Throw us a bone here (literally!).

Loved everything with Sami and Lucas today!

• Members

Thoughts on the week that was!

1) Such a good week! I'll start with the obvious - how amazing the EJ death was and EVEN better everyone's reactions and the storyline that is unfolding afterward. First things first, Ali Sweeney has ROCKED it this week like none other - from the morgue scenes to her scenes being a strong mother with Johnny in his room, to her screaming match scenes with Chad. Family scenes with Eric, Caroline, and Marlena.. I love how every beat is being played! Ali is giving the performances of her lifetime! I love how when Sami told the kids that we actually didn't hear it- we just saw it from outside the window. That added a special touch and I loved it! There has been so much attention to detail this week - as someone pointed out, we got to see some different camera angles at DiMansion, which is refreshing since we do see the same sets with the same camera angles over and over. Another small detail I loved was the morning after the death how Sami was wearing EJ's suitcoat (such a nice touch of realism) and how the first person Sami called that morning was Will - I love how Will has always been the adult in the relationship and it seemed so natural that Sami would call Will and cry her heart out to him). I also LOVED Kristen's reaction to EJ's death - her temper tantrum fit and throwing glass was classic Kristen! Amazing!!

2) I also loved the Hope/Ciara/Aiden stuff this week - Ciara's initial reaction walking away and screaming "No No No Not YOU!" When she realized it was Aiden was classic. As was Aiden earing her trust and getting Ciara to smile. I love how the writers write for Ciara. I hope they keep this girl on the show for a LONG LONG TIME! I also love Julie showing up - the only thing missing is Doug. I really want to see a Doug/Hope scene where Hope can get her father's advice and cry to him about Bo.

3) Eve and Eric.... I could get into this... I love how they used Eric's history as a photographer to work it into the storyline.

4) JJ/Paige- - I still need this girl to give me a reason to care about her. Even Mary Beth and the gang I don't care much about. Rory is always a hoot as a sidekick - but this teen set needs to be further developed... more shades of gray - not just a "good girl" "bad girl" stereotypical label.

5) For me one of the best moments of the week was on Friday's episode when Lucas walked in and consoled Sami and had a family moment with Allie and promised to help take care of Johnny and Sydney too. I absolutely love Bryan and Ali's connection. Overall, this is the best week Days has had this year!

• Members

I don't get why modern soap writers write nice girl characters as so.bland and Mary sue. Thinking back to the 80s...hope, Melissa,and Jennifer were nice girls but all three had an edge and were interesting.

Carrie in the 90s was the same way.. I cheered the time she decked Sami. Heck even Chloe had some fire in her in the 2000s.

Paige just seems dull and insipid. If she finds out what her mother or any other bad character did to keel her and JJ apart...I certainly don't think she could verbally tear them down or even deck them. I think in her case, it is a combination of actor,character, and writing.

• Members

Jen is at the hospital just so she can pick up work to take home. I'm shocked. laugh.png

Go away Naggie Maggie.

A kitten dies every time Kristen and Daniel share a scene.

I can't with Paige's thirsty ass. Get a goddamn vibrator. If the roles were reversed and that had been JJ undressing, crawling into Paige's bed and trying to have sex with her, people would be calling for his head. I can't wait for Eve to find out that Paige is the aggressor in all of this.

Archived