Y&R: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to agree,,,,they screwed up what could've been a good story. I don't even have the same interest in them the story has gotten so ridiculous. This was going to be Devon's first real onscreen romance. Hevon truly has great chemistry, so I was ready to see this story develop, but nope...they just had to add Neil. I hate to say it, but I bet KSJ just KNOWS the WOC are going to always be involved with him. It happens all the time.

IMO, if they just had to create a triangle, there were more than enough young guys that could've been the other man, like Mason, Tyler, or heck even Noah. Anybody but daddy, Neil.

• Members

Its so bad its funny how they've got Neil acting, so I'd say its bad writing and acting. First off, its a dumb story of this big time Executive buying this big house with faulty wiring. Instead of making sure the place was up to par....he tries to play Mr. Electrician, and becomes blind...Please! Its just over the top, and so has KSJ's acting. Another thing that I find so annoying is how Neil keeps reaching out to Devon to look after Hilary as if she's some helpless baby...lol I just rolled my eyes when he did this mess at Kay's memorial asking him to dance with her. Come on writers.

• Members

The show is in a bad state right now. I find myself watching out of habit these days. Nikki and her self pitying has been a bore. I can barely understand what she's whining about. .

Right now I can't stand Neil's current story, and just wish TPTB would think outside the box for him instead of the same repeat stories. This blind story is clearly one of the worst, IMO.

Yeah, I watched KSJ and Tricia Cast on the BNBs as a kid also. They played two of the iconic roles.:) Anyway, I always thought it was interesting to see them basically growing up onscreen together. Nina was also one of my favorites, and I'd love to see her return to the show. Nina always spoke her mind.

• Members

I think Neil and Jack have both been hurt by the fact that they don't have a stable love interest. Stable might even be the wrong word, but neither of them has "the one" the way Victor does. It makes them seem less than the patriarchs they should be at this point. Even if they were committed bachelors that would be better than going through so many love interests and marriages the way they have.

Archived