Y&R: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I checked the 1997 ratings on this site, and DAYS never pulled within 0.1 or 0.2 of Y&R. After pulling to within an 0.5 for a ratings period or two, Y&R again pulled away again, and by the end of the year, the margin was once again considerable. It's no big deal, but Y&R was never in real danger of being knocked out of the #1 spot.

I thought today's show (Monday) was strong, especially the pregancy reveal to Sharon. Nitpicking at dialogue as has been done here is ridiculous. The fact is, this Mariah story has played out better than any of us thought it would. The rest of the episode was good, too.

• Members

They are having an emotional affair at the very least. Hillary was all set to leave Neil, so I won't be able to blame Neil for feeling betrayed when this comes out. How could he not? He'll forgive them eventually though, as he should. I still think their is something funny about Leslie's marriage. Not sure she is completely out of play for Neil down the line.

• Members
Of course they are having an emotional affair. They think they are in love. Whether they really are remains to be seen. When it all comes out, I suspect that Neil will think they are sleeping together and when he finds out they arent, will probably think no harm no foul and that it is nothing. Hilary will then stay with him again because leaving him will break his heart and he has forgiven her this horrible thing. Then we will have yet another round of we want to but we can't with Hevon.

I thought that something would be foul about Barton but not anymore. He is just a place holder to keep Leslie from being paired up elsewhere. Just like Roxanne was for 6 years.

• Members

Yep. They might not kill her. But whats the point of Cane if he isnt tying Lily down? Nope. They should die together and leave the kids to be raised by Neil and Devon. If she ever wanted to return, they should say she was kidnapped by colin's goons and held captive. But to appease the Lane fans, they would probably give her a very awesome job that Lily is nowhere near qualified to have out of the country somewhere.

• Members

Haha! laugh.png

I think all the actors involved in the Cassie storyline have been doing yeoman's work. Trying to sell the notion that they are shocked that Sharon was shocked, shocked I tell ya that someone who looked identical to her daughter was actually her daughter too, did elicited a laugh from me. I do like CG being back on the show, though, so I don't know what else they could've done. The dialogue was somewhat clumsy, yes, as a writer of dialogue myself, normally this would be important, but I don't see how they could make it more believable and have the actress stay on.

• Members

This is so damn true. It's a complete farce. I also agree that this was the only real option, mostly because of all the previous doppelgangers this show has done.

I wondered if maybe Leslie was sick and Barton was an old friend helping her hide it from Neil. Maybe there really is nothing more to it than what it seems, but every once in awhile Leslie has a scene with Avery that makes it seem like she's longing for Neil. Maybe I just want there to be something more to it, idk.

As for Lily, now that she has a mean side to her, it's easier for me to accept CK in the role.

The character I really can't stand is Colin. I dread his scenes.

• Members

It seems like Y&R is having a lot of difficulties concluding storyline arcs without going screwball and ratcheting up all the old soap tropes and stereotypes. I noticed it with the deeply unsatisfying conclusion of the Lauren/Carmine unfaithful storyline-- I thought it was JG's writing but it seems to have continued. Seeing the direction of the Ian/Mariah storyline, it just seems kind of...well, cheesy.

Archived