Y&R: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

Honestly, I don't mind that Y&R stole the exact same "event" from ATWT (Lily/Rose). It's pretty much a carbon copy from the personalities Lily/Cassie & Rose/Mariah to the circumstances of their birth; the seduction of Holden v. Nick. The big difference is the impact is on Sharon, rather than Lily. (Iva really wasn't much of a player in the story on ATWT). I'm willing to let all that slide because of CG - and, frankly, allowing her to play a character with a lot more range - being a bad girl v Cassie, which would've been tough under any circumstances to turn really bad.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's been about 4 months since I watched Y&R, and I just tuned in this week. Forgive me if I have really basic questions.

- Woah. CLB lucked out and landed the penile dysfunction SL, huh. ph34r.png

- Mary-Sue aka Avery still embracing the Grandma Chic.

- There seems to be a new bar/restaurant in town. It's too bright and tacky and looks like something transplanted from the AMC set. The background music bugs me, too.

- Grace!! OMG. Who would have thought that B&B's very own Honey Bear actually adds some life and spark onto Y&R. And that flashback where she rubs ice water all over her chest, damn. Classic Y&R *tear*

- SC's face, woah. Time to put down the self-tanner.

- So Noah is still stuck in scenes babysitting Faith. Poor guy.

- NuKelly just has no tension or crazy behind the eyes any more. Sad.

- Lame still as annoying as ever. Neil is blind now? Gawd. Hevon still not happening, I take it.

- Moriah coming onto Nick? OK, ick. And yet -- still more interesting than any scene featuring Dylan & Avery.

- Who is this Austin McChin? He shot Paul? Why? And Summer (who still looks about 15) is married to this newbie? I guess we are meant to love him because he is Tall and Misunderstood and Loves Summer With All His Heart, but I am getting scummy Cane vibes from him.

- WHEN are they going to show GT?

- BoreToria as Ruthless Businesswoman = FAIL. BoreToria as baby-hungry pregnant housewife = EPIC FAIL. I need to kill whoever thought AH needs to be in a frontburner triangle with Stitch and this 65-year old NuNuOldNuBilly.

I'll keep watching, but the SLs and dialogue are sorely lacking on this show.

• Members

I enjoyed the reveal about Mariah.

I loved the Billy and Chelsea scenes.

Sharon really needs to stop pretending to be tough enough to go toe-to-toe with Victor. I've loathed Sharon forever. But SC is doing wonderful work here and I feel for Sharon for the first time.

Gina T's facial expression makes me laugh. I'm ready for Phyliss to wake up and blow several worlds apart.

Summer and Austin are putridly sweet.

And I'm actually curious about Kevin and Mariah.

• Members
We all knew she was Cassie's twin. Or a doppelgänger that Ian forced to have plastic surgery to look like Cassie. Or. If this was GH, it was really Cassie risen from the dead in some inexplicable and ridiculous wave of the hand, stroke of the pen. I'm satisfied with the explanation. It's reasonable. And now I'm looking forward to what comes next. I love that Sharon just kicked her daughter out. And I'm looking forward to learning what Ian's plan is/was. And what he was trying to accomplish. One of the biggest misses of this whole thing for me is Ian seemed to have some long term purpose beyond just messing with people. He was going to be Mitch Laurence before Cartoonvati got hold of the character. I'm still hopeful there is more to the reveal.

• Members

WTF am I watching with Mariah trying to fight Sharon for Nick

I see Grace is still a tramp! JG is so much better as her than Donna Logan

Abby...ugh. Twit

Seeing the new Billy for the first time.....eww. Id rather have BM back

Why is Neil blind?

Archived