Y&R: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

They're both talented actors and his body is amazing, but the Austin/Summer insta-storyline is so beyond rote for daytime of the decade - unexpectedly hot recurring player is a rapist/psycho, but she sees the good in him! - and the super-schmaltzy 'let's celebrate all the seasons while we still can!' tripe goes back to ancient crud like Sweet November. Every time I see them come onscreen with their giant-ass set all to themselves I want to kill myself.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I heard it and thought I imagined it. The fact it's markedly different from the stuff heard in the majority by Cates and co was a giveaway.

I never understood (and have only heard one plausible reason) why the old scores were completely scrapped. Even during LML era, there were still bits of old music there. I'm thinking the scene where Neil discovered Carmen's body.

But this was sudden and jarring.

Is it the beginning of a process of slowly re-integrating tiny pieces of classical scores? I doubt it, sadly. If for no other reason, I believe, because it would show how inferior the material is now.

And Jonny, as daft as some of Ken Corday's decisions can be, I don't believe he would put the future of the show in jeapordy by letting Jean Passanante anywhere near Days Of Our Lives.

Archived