Y&R: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For a s how that gets almost nothing right, they did a great job with Faith's return. I was pretty shocked by that. She looked in character and it's been ages since we saw that type of classic film-noir type of Bill Bell vixen. I always loved that Grace had so much heart despite her vixen-ish ways. I never found her as a bad guy, just somebody who wasn't as lucky as her best friend who fell into bad situations. The writing for Grace and Nick was PERFECT and felt very old school Y&R.

Now the problem is, to prepare for Grace's entrance I watched the last two weeks of Y&R to see if it's gotten any better and to finally see Burgess Jenkins as Billy. Unfortunately, the show is TERRIBLE. The only story that almost works is Hilary/Neil/Devon. I love that Jill gets screentime, but this story is a dud. Characters like Mackenzie, Phillip (for guest appearances), Nina and Chance need to be around to put some life and drama into that household. They have something good in Jill and Colin, but they need to be utilized properly. Dylan and Avery are as boring as it gets. Victoria is just as dull as always and Stitch is overrated. Cady McClain still sucks as Kelly as well. Burgess Jenkins is TERRIBLE. He can't act at all. He is your typical soap hunk hired for looks, but he lack charisma and doesn't fit the role at all. He is NOT Billy. He looks too old and he just gives standard line-readings. They should've kept David Tom. The show doesn't understand the importance of diversity across the board, including showing different types of leading men, like Tom.

Archived