Y&R: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

I still remember when Michael hid out in Hilary Lancaster's apartment, digging that hole inside the wall and plotting to kill Christine, who lived next door. That seemed to go on for weeks. It was torture, it was pure hell...and I miss it. :(

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Two weeks or two months...

lol If that was truly the reason, they don't understand serial storytelling, pacing and tension at all. Because, otherwise, extending it even further would have been ideal!

:(:wub:

I loved that sweet pain of waiting. Bell/Alden were masters at it.

• Members

Me too. But I don't remember him wanting to kill her. He wanted to rape her, right? I could very well be wrong. I still remember him writing that upside down backwards letter in jail. Michael was a scary dude. When he came back to town rehabilitated, I was legitimately concerned for EVERYONE. My fears were eventually proven to be unfounded. lol

• Members

Agreed! Now that would have been interesting and built anticipation. But you see, this isn't really about Sharon, Nick, and Mariah. But about Dylan. I suspect he will be accused of killing Ian and we are in for a lengthy investigation and trial. You know Dylan is only allowed SLs where the viewers can root for him.

• Members

CBS used to advertise look at the hot stuff before and after the short week. They haven't done that in years. That said I don't think Nick, Sharon and Mariah is what they deem as important even if a lot of viewers are more interested in that part of the plot than the Dylan/Ian angle.

• Members

Which is aggravating, if you ask me. Why I should care that Dylan will be accused of Ian's murder? Because he's Paul and Nikki's insta-son whom no one, not even Paul and Nikki, knew existed before last year? Please.

Now, if Sharon were the one accused of murder, I might be interested. If nothing else, you could set off major emotional fireworks by having Phyllis appear during a climactic moment in Sharon's trial and testify not only about the events leading up to her "accident" (suggesting, of course, that Sharon deliberately pushed her) but also about Sharon's role in Summer's paternity fack-up.

• Members

The dialogue seriously reaches new lows every episode. On top of that this show is so anticlimactic. Mariah's rescue was so rushed. There were no stakes. The "wedding" might have been better had it not taken place in a small ass storage shed with some character we have never met. Too bad they nixed showing the cult.

Archived