Y&R: August 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep! that would be a good story!!

It shouldn't be Dylan it would hold more weight if its preferably Sharon even Nikki/Nik would work better for me,. Even if Sharon (or Nikki) did it but they accused Dylan since they just must have him in the story.

This is an opportunity for these women to drive this storyline Sharon, Nikki, Mariah, and then like you say have the Phyllis reveal kick in...the men should take a backseat. I would like to see one story every now again when women take the wheel ... some stories scream it...this is one of them.

Khan thanks re: Mariah in wedding dress w/ Ian...

that' right, silly me the cult leader with the 30 wives and 60 children how could I have missed that..!

• Members

I could get behind Dylan becoming the focus of this story if we were going to learn some big secret from his past along the way. Like, perhaps, Joe Clark-hired-or-blackmailed-Dylan-to-sleep-with-Avery big. But JFP isn't about to tarnish her golden child even a little. So, again, what's the point?

• Members

The point is to put Dylan in a story where viewers can't help but root for him. Every story he has is Dylan versus the establishment to save someone. First it was his angst in donating his liver when Paul is 1 degree of separation from Devon who could have done it without threat of death. Now it will be him being falsely accused. I am sure he won't tell some crucial information to clear himself because he will be protecting Nikki.

JFP wants viewers to love him. I don't.

• Members

Question: Did MS' Phyllis get a lot of airtime /focus on Y/R? I was just curious because of her current role as Nina on GH she seems to be on almost everyday. Was it like this on Y/R?

Re: Dylan I just don't see chemistry w/him and Avery they are so bland to me ... they dont pack heat.

• Members

Cyberologist, the only reason Michelle Stafford quit Y&R is because she didn't like the story direction Jill Farren Phelps put her in and she didn't like that they re-positioned her more as a supporting character, which Phyllis should've been. She still had a ton of screentime, but she wasn't the central heroine anymore. It was pretty obvious that was the only reason she left, especially since she just jumped ship to another soap which is surely paying her less money.

• Members

Although I don't think the writing and directing are doing anyone on Y&R any favors, I look at Steve Burton as being chiefly responsible for the lack of chemistry between him and Jessica Collins. He probably doesn't see a relationship with a supporting character such as Avery as being high-profile enough.

• Members

I don't think Steve Burton is really thinking about that much. I think he's just there to stare and get paid, as he has been for a very long time on daytime.

I think Jessica Collins is a lovely actress in a pointless, oppressively sunny role; Avery is like Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm or something. It's beyond me why this character is still around and so central, other than they need her to try and shore up Dylan until he finally, maybe takes off with the audience (I don't think he ever will). If they can make him click with any of the other female leads she's done.

Tyler was not untalented but he was, at best, very green. Watching him with Melissa Ordway, though, was like slow death. She is barely capable.

• Members

Tyler and Crabby Abby are over? When and why did that happen? I cant stand her ass. She's such a twit

I felt like I missed some episodes where Ian kidnapped Mariah. This all happened so fast. The pacing of this crap is a mess. It all looked better in the promo.

Its kind of ironic that after all these years Victor hates Sharon and wants her away from Nick, and its Nicki that's supportive and empathetic of her

Oh boy, Nikki is drinking and pill popping? Why did she fall off the wagon?

Gloria...she's still a thing? Why is she still around?

Why is Jill still Colin? Last time I saw them together, she had him held hostage in some basement. Her material this week was so stupid with accusing Avery of being a succubus having an affair with the husband of her sis (barf).

How the hell did Billy get older than Victoria?

The balance on this show is awful. There were so many characters which I know are on the show that didn't appear all week or barely at all

and now Ian is marrying the bad twin like Mitch did

• Members
I suspect SBu will be tried with GT. I don't see the audience liking that any better. And, he might be tried with SC as well. If those in charge had any real sense, they would put Dylan in a secret affair with Leslie when he is on trial for murder. I can see that taking off. Just cause I thought they had chem and the secrecy would garner more interest than a regular romance.

Archived