2014 Daytime Emmy's Discussion

AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

I agree with Dano! Bringing on that vile little carrot top gargoyle? Why not let one of Daytime's legends host? Susan Lucci? She loves Daytime!

The troll did a great deal of dissing from what I read. Some were happy she dissed JFP, but it was disrespectful and uncalled for. Pathetic z list bitch!

What really gets me if how folks really expect the Academy, anything or anyone else to respect a genre the networks have trashed for years?

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Thanks!

I actually wanted to share a bit more but got busy.

Obviously my perception of the daytime Emmys comes from a different view. I really enjoyed this years, from the angle of press on the red carpet to being in the press room to being in the actors lounge to being inside the awards I think it was the best all around show in years. From the production to the set design to the actual show. It's far from what it used to be, but I don't think it's fair to compare it to its two decade ago and before self. The stars and the crew seemed happier this year too. Perhaps because it wasn't televised? I do t know. But it was a lot of fun being there and is obviously most soap fans dream come true. From what I saw and who I was hanging out with mostly everyone had fun. I heard nothing but great remarks for host KG - and rightfully so. I think she poked enough fun at the event without being truly disrespectful.

I watched the telecast last night and all in all I thought it was great. Very fun, moved fast, looked grea, had funny and very sweet moments. Of course there were issues - the clip of guy instead of chandler was SHADY. Winners not showing up is annoying. Those social media girls were terrible. But I think the academy did well overall and I look forward to next years event.

Also if anyone is interested there's more photos on my Instagram- http://instagram.com/cameraswillflash

• Members

I think someone who's had hosting experience would be good. Interestingly, I think Linda Dano herself might be a good choice, at least on the Red Carpet. Perhaps a slightly younger version of Regis Philbin for hosting duties? Someone who would be familiar with many of the daytime personalities but who is quick on their feet and can do witty banter at the drop of a hat. I do like someone who can poke fun and kind of be irreverant while not going too over the top.

Preferably people who are not on any one of the daytime shows at the time they're hosting.

• Members

That AP article was so poorly written and formatted. Were they saying that Paevey called the hosts out for racism?

If so, then A+ to him (I mean it), but I can't tell if they were saying those were his words or not.

• Members

I love Linda Dano, but she is showing how out of touch she is with comments like these. Kathy Griffin should be the least of her worries. The red carpet hosts were the truly offensive ones because they didn't have a clue who anyone in the daytime community was, that's what was unforgivable. KG's opening set was all about last year's Daytime Emmys while the Sarah Michelle Gellar/Susan Lucci story was daytime skewering at its finest. In addition, if Linda Dano was honest she'd admit that KG's big 'sin' was getting JFP, a close friend of Linda Dano's, off the stage unceremoniously.

Daytime hasn't been respected, if it ever was, for a good 15 years. Once Susan Lucci won that Emmy the Daytime Emmys ceased to have any relevance. That Linda Dano fails to see that is unfortunate.

Archived