2014 Daytime Emmy's Discussion

AllMyDaysatGH

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would've thought Sara Bibel was a little above writing a thin piece about the injustice of OLTL 2.0 being recognized at all when GH was not, but clearly I was wrong as she has one up at DC. In her, uh, defense, I have never been a soap writer who went from that kind of money to being reduced to freelancing for fans.

• Members

Given that her soap column was pretty awful most of the time, I guess I can't be surprised.

I thought DC had moved beyond opinion pieces/screeds/catnip for the braying sycophants. They don't seem to do recaps anymore and when I went there a few days ago it felt even more like a ghost town than it had before. And their new site design looks like a video game review page from 2005.

That's not really what irony means, surely?

Not to mention that even many of the true believers said at the time that those "brilliant final months" were a pile of ass.

Wow, even most of the comments don't agree with her. Pathetic really.

I guess she doesn't remember that "Cartini's" OLTL had an oral sex scene? Of course *that* was brilliant, because they're the precious ponies of all time.

• Members

I never found her offensive, just boring. And I would've thought someone with her background wouldn't be that tightly interwoven with that scene. Mostly, I just thought she was above working for them or writing a piece about their Emmy win which is largely slanted towards the question of why they won when Ron and Frank weren't recognized in 2011.

I think there was a lot of good (or at other times at least fun) in the show's last year on ABC. There was also a lot of horrendous bad. It was peaks and valleys and the show ended on a peak, but we had to endure a lot to get there and they, once again, submitted wrong that year too - submitting Fraternity Row and not the big drama.

• Members

I never thought she was offensive, but she was a brown-noser, and not a very good one, because she didn't have the ability to holler and talk enough about how much she wanted Ron and Frank to lay pipe in her and which Y&R actors can she have sex with, which was where most of the soap "press" online seemed to be in those years.

• Members

I think that says more about EW being misinformed than it does about Brandon's relevance. Sad.

At this point, there are only 4 soaps left. They need to just go back to having an hour-long ceremony broadcast in daytime and leave it at that. A small part of the death soaps has been due to this need to cling towards relics of the glory days when daytime just doesn't have the means to do so anymore, thus falling incredibly short with every attempt.

I'm one of the few who enjoy watching the non-soap categories. I mean, it's the Daytime Emmys, not the SOD Awards. I do think it's BS that so many non-daytime shows get nominated (and win!) at this thing. Remember when Regis won for Millionaire?

Archived