2014 Daytime Emmy's Discussion

AllMyDaysatGH

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That both does and doesn't mean anything about GH, honestly.

Playing devil's advocate, I think GH was pretty [!@#$%^&*] over the last year, but I do think it earned a few nods, especially for the Robin stuff. That being said, the only reason GH kept knocking 'em down year after year when Jill and Guza were in office was not because of superior quality; it was because Jill played the same game she is now playing at Y&R - locking up the block-taping and gaming the process. Y&R is a wretched show. It's boring as !@#$%^&*]. But Jill knows how to play that game, and those judges keep falling for it.

It was also because, while she did that, she knew what to submit - stylish, dramatic episodes. Ron and Frank submitted Richard Simmons.

• Members

Putting aside who won what, the entire show just sounded unwatchable. It's just sad. This is why I don't watch any Daytime Emmys, honestly - every year it gets sadder and more contemptuous of all these people who work so hard, even on shows we don't like, even people we don't like. It's like watching something die very slow, and it's never more obvious than at these shows. I don't know why people like Finola Hughes go. They were there for the big time.

If the online shows had taken off, if there's ever some larger purge and revitalization, then maybe things will change, but the slow grinding degradation of the Daytime Emmys never will. Get rid of them.

Archived