2014 Daytime Emmy's Discussion

AllMyDaysatGH

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Congrats to Eileen, Eric, Hunter, and OLTL wins. I didn't even try and watch this sh*t show. I opted to watch my trashy Bravo shows instead. I hear that the red carpet was horrid beyond epic proportions but Kathy showed out and I am glad.

And NLG needs to get her ass off of Twitter after announcing that Kelly Sullivan had one of the best reels she's seen in years. Really? Really? I'm questioning her acting now too.

• Members

All right, who were the crackheads voting for these awards? Amelia Heinle and Billy Miller? Good Lawd. Ham sandwich and mop head had no business winning these awards!

Congrats to Eileen Davidson for her well deserved award, as well as Hunter King.

Sorry to see Jamie Polo not win. I was hoping he would have stayed with the show as Paul's adopted son.

• Members
FIRST TIME "DAYS" ACTORS HAVE WON THREE EMMYS ON THE SAME NIGHT...CHANDLER MASSEY THREE-PEATS AND BECOMES FIRST "DAYS" ACTOR TO WIN THREE DAYTIME EMMYS...ERIC MARTSOLF BECOMES THE FIRST-EVER "DAYS" ACTOR TO WIN IN THE SUPPORTING ACTOR CATEGORY...EILEEN DAVIDSON BECOMES JUST THE SECOND "DAYS" ACTRESS (ALONG WITH SUSAN FLANNERY, 1975) TO WIN IN THE LEAD ACTRESS CATEGORY
Lead Actress winner Eileen Davidson (Kristen)
10304501_422533937888886_134372285336971
Acceptance Speech
"I snagged it! First of all, I have to thank Heather [Tom] for sharing this year. I have so much affection and gratitude towards everybody at Days of Our Lives. Ken Corday and Greg, Lisa [de Cazotte] and Albert [Alarr], all the directors and the writers, of course, Gary Tomlin, Chris Whitesell. Thank you for letting me bring it, and then bring it again. To the crew, who has our hearts. My cast, Dee [Hall] and Drake [Hogestyn], [Eric] Martsolf, you're so much fun. I love you so much. For my sons, Duke, Vinny and Jesse, I adore you. And my husband, Vincent Van Patten, thank you for supporting me my love, in whatever I want to do and whatever I don't want to do and whatever I'm not sure I'm going to do. And thank you for being my partner in creating a life I've always dreamed about. Thank you."

Supporting Actor winner Eric Martsolf (Brady)
10464406_422485097893770_767892763224733
Acceptance Speech
"My wife said, write a speech, write a speech. I'm like, baby I don't need to write a speech. She's like, write a speech. I don't need to...It's got to be hard being right all the time, baby, you are right all the time. Days of Our Lives...it's been tremendously good to me. This past year, it's been like Christmas for me. I was given this beautiful, tragic storyline to portray...My co-star at the time was some girl named Eileen, you might know her, Davidson...She's really tall. She's very pretty and she's a veteran that doesn't act like a veteran. I love you for that, where are you? She brought out the best in me, thank you, you really did. You really helped me step my game up and I'm holding this trophy and I want to attribute some of that to you. I really do. That table right there, you stud muffins you...Ken Corday, Bruce [Evans], Joseph [Mascolo]...you're legends. You've created a legendary show and my affiliation with it. I'm very humbled by it every day, I don't take it for granted at all. Thank you for taking a boy from Passions and bringing him on to your show. That was brave and I appreciate it. Thank you to my agent, Ellis Talent Group, Marshak & Zachary for your guidance, you folks are beautiful. My Mom and my Dad, they had the guts, and I understand this as a father now, it's now easy to tell your kid to go out and pursue your dream. It would have been much easier for me to be a lawyer, but, screw that! I'm having a pretty good time. And lastly, my little circle at home: Chase and Mason, I hope you are watching me on you're Ipads, but I know you're not. I know you're playing Minecradt and that's cool, but we're going to watch this when I come home, because this is important. And there's a little vision of white sitting right there, that's my rock, that's my girl, thank you. I love you more than I can say. You've been with me from the beginning and you taught me that the grass is not greenest over there. It's greenest where you water it and I'm going to water it for you as long as I can. I love you. Soap community, thank you, the resurgence of soap operas. Here's to it. Thank you."
Younger Actor winner Chandler Massey (Will)
10432095_422528174556129_406663397447235
Acceptance Speech
"Wow, you see my reel? That was awesome. First of all I want to thank everyone at Days and NBC for this amazing, amazing ride. Four years, it was such an incredible experience. I'm so grateful for the opportunity. Also, I'd like to thank my Mom and my Dad, and my Mimi and Poppa, and Brian. My awesome manager, Scottie Beets...When I moved out here to go to college, I never thought...a soap opera was the last thing on my mind, but because of everyone on the show, the cast and the crew, I have absolutely no regrets at all. I love you guys so much. Thank you very much."

• Members

1) the actual awards show was MUCH improved over the previous 3-4 years! Kathy Griffin did great! The nominees had time to give a decent speech! I feel like the soaps were actually the focus! No lame comedy bits or singing numbers! We saw actual clips! I hope it stays on the web!!

2) However, the red carpet pre-show was insulting. The hosts had NO idea what they were doing and totally incompetent and underprepared. They didn't even know each other's names- much less the actor's names... One of those girls called Eileen Davison "that lady" OMG!! She is daytime royalty you incompetent little girl !! They were downright rude and unprofessional! I mean, making jokes about rape, black people, and alcoholism! Really daytime Emmys?! That is embarrassing and insulting!

3) I can't believe GH and B&B got NO awards. That is insane. Not right! Especially in the year that was GH's 50 th!

4) However as a Days fan I am very happy with the results! HUGE CONGRATS to Eric, Chandler, and Eileen!!!! All well deserved and I am so happy for all three!!

5) As for getting Chandler's reel wrong! How does that even happen?!? Was it on purpose?! I was pissed! The clip is supposed to come from the reel he submitted! HOW does that happen?! Complete incompetence!

Regardless, huge congrats to the actors and people who won Emmys who ARE competent! Even is the Daytime Emmy people aren't!

Archived