2014 Daytime Emmy's Discussion

AllMyDaysatGH

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

in FB Linda Dano is all in a Huff about Kathy Griffin as Host and blaming her for Daytime not getting respect. Bull !@#$%^&*] [!@#$%^&*]

I need to vent about Kathy Griffin and last night's Daytime Emmy Awards. Named the host by Malachy G. Wienges, Chairman of The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences / why I don't know.

Clearly, the TV Academy wanted a buzzworthy host for their livestream-only show, and you can’t get much better than filter-less Griffin. Oh, and she delivered. Her entire intro also had nothing to do with daytime TV

I don't know her and she doesn't know me...after last night, I don't care to know her!

She started the night by saying “Welcome to the [!@#$%^&*] show…this is your night…” Can't imagine anything less classy!

Her claim to fame is that she likes to offend people. Congratulations, mission accomplished.

The Daytime Community is a closely knit community of hard working, very professional, talented people who love entertaining their devoted fans.

I have had the honor to be recognized by The Academy and my fellow performers. I am offended to have someone like Ms. Griffin say things likek “We’re making history! Oh god — [!@#$%^&*]! Guys, I’m sorry if my nipples fall out.”

I was truly offended for my fellow members of the Daytime Community but when she repeated something about Susan Lucci that Sarah Michelle Geller told her in confidence (that probably never happened, Kathy Griffin crossed the line!

I won't repeat it here. Look it up if you want to see what she said.

When The Academy selects a host like Kathy Griffin, it's no wonder people have no respect for Daytime.

If you feel like I do, please let Mr. Wienges know. It's the only way The Academy will know that their experiment did not work.

• Members

Hinsey and Logan and their defense of the hilarity of a woman raping a man tells us that this is pretty prevalent in the industry. That this was blown up into a wider entertainment news story mostly tells you how behind the times this genre/industry is.

• Webmaster

I'm very proud of what Soap Opera Network has accomplished in the near 13 years we've been online. From a little ezboard message board back in 2001-2002, to becoming one of the most read online soap opera magazines in America today. As a result of this trainwreck of an Awards show, we got linked back to by The Washington Post, TV Line, Dlisted and Entertainment Weekly, just to name a few. Our coverage of the Daytime Emmy Awards was the most comprehensive coverage the awards has received from any outlet for the second consecutive year. By that I mean we've covered the awards consistently since the day the nominations came out while also preparing several dozen Emmy pieces that'll be published over the course of the next two weeks.

Just so excited for what the future has yet to bring.

To comment about the trainwreck that was the Emmys for a minute, however, I'm glad I got to school those idiots on what daytime is all about. My answers may not have pleased some, but I at least knew what the hell I was talking about. In fact, those dimwits were so clueless one of them had the nerve to ask me if I could help them get into the CBS Daytime After Party. I mean, really? Classless retards.

• Members

Some of the people at TVLine used to work in soap operas. They post soap news on a regular basis, when it comes to story content for soaps that is something that they never discuss on their site just casting.

• Members

The Bev Hilton ballroom is far from a fall from grace.

That 2009 Emmys location? Tht was tragic.

I was all about the selfies. Greg took ours tho and I loved it. He's the best.

You know who else is all about the selfies? Dee Hall.

I got one with Ryan! Of course. I didn't get one wi chandler but he chatted.

I have been to every Emmy show since they came out west.

I can't with her.

They didn't have that great of tapes. They are her friends and that's what this is about. And for someone who couldn't be bothered to show up NLG sure did have a lot to say.

I am not a big AH fan, but her tape was solid.

I agree.

I've always thought he didn't want her gone. He was writing a new story for her and promoting it as a huge storyline and then she was fired. Always seemed like it was someone else decision. She had also signed a new contract right before I think.

I believe that the primetime Emmys are more for shows only in primetime and in a lot of markets the ent news shows air nowhere from noon to 7.

Great moment!

:)

Thanks!

Lol.

So happy with most of the winners. Esp Elieen and Chandler!

Archived