Big Brother 16: Discussion Thread

• Members

The time to make a big move against Derrick came and went. Once upon a time it would have been exciting to see him dethroned. But Cody has been a disgusting human being all summer and he does not deserve $500,000. I would never root for Derrick usually but after all we've been through he deserves to win for playing one of the best games of all time.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But Jillian's game still surpasses Derrick any day of the week. I wanted Gary to win that season, but I was fine with Jillian. She went the entire summer w/o people wanting to target her and she used Emmett as her shield. That's why people were so bitter at the end (i.e. Peter & Alec) b/c girlfriend's game was flawless.

And while I want Cody to grow a pair and take Victoria to final two, he won't. This season is go to emulate last season's Survivor. Cody is Woo, Derrick is Tony, and Victoria is Kass. Cody is going to take Derrick to the end and lose instead of dragging Victoria to the end and winning unanimously.

• Members

I always took it as Jillian was bullsh*tting Emmett by saying that so that he'll surely ditch Quattro and take her to the finals. Her plan worked though because after Tom was given the boot, she was all that Emmett had, and then Gary took her to the end.

And I agree about Caleb. He would've been a more interesting character had he not been a pig in so many ways. I do find it ironic that he lost a competition that was based on the show Stalker. Maybe DR wanted him to win it. :P

• Members

I doubt they'd cast anyone except Frankie and he'd only bring Zach to get back in the good graces of BB fans. IDK if I'd be able to watch that though. One season of Frankie petting and molesting Zach [and others] was enough for me. Kinda wish that CBS would've cast him on the original show he tried out for, Survivor.

• Members

Frankie's face as Nicole, Donny and Zach were named the top three was priceless. Very happy for Donny. And Donny isn't the only one going on B&B ... Zach will be too!

Congrats to Derrick. Great [but boring] game play. And kudos to Cody for winning so many comps. He was right, he DID have a great social game but that all went to hell when Derrick snatched his balls during Cody's first HOH and he never recovered as he got rid of all of Cody's potential allies, like Britt, Amber, Jocasta and clearly a partially bitter Donny.

I'll remember this season as frustrating, overall. It wasn't nearly as awful as BB15 or BB12 or BB9. At the end of the day I liked the cast for the most part. I really wish we hadn't of had battle of the block. I wonder if that really did make a difference at times. Or would nothing have changed?

The show was also renewed for TWO more seasons.

• Members

IMO, this season will go down as the worst for me.

Yes, I said it.

It was clear from DAY ONE that Derrick was the sure winner. Just off his edit. CBS was simply trying to ride off the Tony wave of Survivor from last season and it worked but failed. It was done better [as always] on Survivor.

The BoTB twist, which Julie swore [up and down] was supposed to get rid of floaters [Rachel & Janelle's dumb ass definition of a floater], but it did the opposite. Victoria was still able to slither into final two. The twist hindered potentially great players, who loved the game [e.g. Donny & Jocasta] while quickly getting great characters [Devin, Joey, Brit, Paola, Amber] evicted too soon. Had this season gone as it should've, we would've had great first four boots like Caleb, Derrick, Christine, and Frankie and Devin as the stellar villain of the season.

Instead, we ended up with a mediocre final two and a winner, who people are already pumping up as the 'greatest' when his game is nowhere near the top five best played games [Will, Dan, Jun, Hayden, & Maggie].

And I am over people calling Donny & Jocasta's votes as being bitter because they aren't.

Isn't part of this game being social? If your social game sucks then you don't deserve my vote. Derrick said in his casting video that'd he exploit people and that's what he did. He preyed on Jocasta's religion and Donny's loyalty and kindness time and time again to the point it was disgusting. It wouldn't toss a vote in his favor.

That was Derrick's fault. He should've managed the jury better. This game is part social too, and sorry, Cody had a WAY better social game. And Jocasta & Donny in the house always hinted and told Cody if he was to make it to final two, they'd vote for him. He was close to both of them early on and they didn't forget it. The vote that I didn't get was Christine. But we all know that she cast a vote for Derrick to not create much controversy between the two.

Why would they vote for Derrick when both of them were onto him from day one, and he mismanaged them throughout their entire stints in the house? I wouldn't vote for him either.

Derrick was not the best all around player. He was just lucky that production had a hard on for him, devised sh*tty twists in his favor, and cast one of the largest cast of recruits to help prolong his game. As aforementioned, in a normal season, Derrick would've been gone pre-jury. Last season, Amanda and Helen [along with Candice, who had a stellar read on the house as whole] would've sniffed his ass out week one.

BB fans boggle my mind. On one hand, they wanted Derrick gone but now they ship him? :rolleyes: So glad this season is over. Bring on BBCAN3.

• Members

That was with the new fall season premieres.

In the summer it gets about 6-7 million and generally 2.0 or higher in the demo, at a time when the networks are all having endless declines.

They're lucky to have the show at this point. If only they'd improve it.

Archived