Y&R: February 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The sad thing is, it's apparently Heinle's own choice to wear her hair the way it's on the show, and they allow her to do that.

She's the worst dressed actress on the show, IMO. She could actually look really presentable if she made an effort or if the show made one. Sadly, like her acting in the role and the writing for the character, no one seems to care enough.

• Members

I think AH is very attractive, but on soap boards people some tend to tear these actress's looks apart to a degree that is just disturbing. Anytime a woman is 5 years older than the guy, she looks like his mother. But Jack sexes up a woman 30 years his junior and I almost never see people posting that he looks like her father. Pure misogyny, imo. If you go by the boards, pretty much every women on soaps is an ugly, old hag. It's pretty funny, especially when you look at the general population. People harp on CW's looks, but whatever. Compared to the average 45 year old, she looks pretty damn good, imo.

Anyway, as far as Friday's show goes, I can't believe they just showed us a live Adam (presumably). What!!? I did not see that coming. Y&R has not shocked my like that in a long time. I expected this character to have a very long break. I wonder if they are recasting immediately or what is going on?

KSJ was killing it in those scenes with Leslie. I really felt for Neil.

• Members

I agree about the misogyny. It's really bad.

But I can not agree about Jack being paired with women 30 years his junior going over well. There are plenty of people complaining about it. To paraphrase one particularly witty poster, "do not sit Hilary in peepaw's lap". I also think Kelly is too young for Jack. Same with Leslie and neil.

• Members

Amelia is a natural beauty. If u want plastic surgery galore u can find that. If u want someone who with zero makeup on is beautiful. Amelia is still very young looking. U can tell she takes very good look with her skin. U point out her imperfections but IMO it makes her unique. It's clear what I see is Heidi montag is your epitome of what women should look like.

• Members

I don't think Jonnysbro is baiting people or trolling at all. Why shouldn't he be able to post how he feels about Amelia Heinle?

I don't completely agree with him, but he's entitled to his opinion. I'd rather read his "she's beautiful" posts than the multiple "she's a mess, her hair's a mess, she can't dress" posts. For a time, her hair was too wild and unkempt, and I didn't care for it, but that hasn't been true lately. Neither has her wardrobe been bad.

Heinle was a star performer during the Delia death storyline. No one "brought it" any more than she did. I thought those performances would get posters to lay off, but I was wrong.

• Members

Thank you ranger u nailed it. The thing is with Amelia she has the last laugh with all exec producers she has worked for she keeps getting renewed. Nobody keeps a job for nine years if her cast and bosses are impressed with her. IMO Amelia was the star performer she out acted Elizabeth Hendrickson. A lot of these ugly posts about her are personal attacks. She has the last laugh a just renewed contract and David Tom said she is the best he adores her.

Archived